Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"gulp" NEED INFO ON MY JEEP, PLEESE

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5king, Mar 30, 2003.

1. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

\"gulp\" NEED INFO ON MY JEEP, PLEESE

<font color="purple"> ok, unfortunately my truck is far far from being streetable, so i needed something to drive that was easy on gas,4X4,and somewhat cheap. so's i picked up myself a 94 wrangler for $2000 !! couldn't have gotten a better deal, but i have no clue how this jeep thing werks /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    from what i can tell is that this is a " YJ " model correct ? what im really trying to do is find a new soft top with the door uppers along with a a hard top also,and i think i need to get full door's then or not ? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    i'd also like to find a club close so you east coast guy's let me know if anyhting is round me or if any of you have stuff i might need.</font>
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: \"gulp\" NEED INFO ON MY JEEP, PLEESE

<font color="blue"> TRAITOR!!! </font> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah its a YJ. You should be able to order most of that stuff through a jeep dealer (other companiers sell that kind of stuff but believe me they dont fir near as well as the jeep stuff). Oh and if you need to know what kind of axles tranny motr or t-case your running yell at me, im kind of a heeper myself /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    yell at me, im kind of a humper myself

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah? What exactly do you hump? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

<font color="purple"> i know,,unfortunately i took a vacation for the past year and had to buy something real fast before what little money i had was gone. plus i had to get an apartment and start getting my life back on track once again,,guess i sortta wandered a lil /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    anyway,,it was one hella steal for what it is and i couldn't pass it up
    i suuuuuuuuure missed being able to come here, feel's good to be back again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font>

6. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

It's all right, I'm driving a Grand Cherokee daily driver myself. Jeeps ain't bad...just misunderstood? LOL! Where in PA you at? I'm 20 minutes from Sharon/Hermitage in Austintown. We have the infamous "Webb Road" trails 5 minutes out my front door, along with about 4 more trails 5 minutes from that. See JK5 or Emmettology's pictures to see the trails. Welcome here anytime. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

<font color="purple"> well unfortunately im all the way on the other side of the state /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif im about 40 miles west of philly and barely north of maryland 20 minute's.i have one little road here to go wheeling on but even it has gone to pot in the last few years. now all it is, is just a rough dirt road with a lil hillclimb and a gully running along one side of it.when it's dry out you can almost do it in 2 wheel, but the hill get's slick when it rain's which makes it a little more fun. used to have some holes that could swallow up yur fullsize rig in a heart beat, but new people bought it and complained so the township put up huge tele. pole barrier's. oh well </font>

8. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

As far as I know, the hardtop and doors from any CJ-7 or YJ will fit. Call Besttop for the soft top. They seem to make the best tops for Jeeps. Personally, I'd go with half doors. They're easier to see out of and you can still have a door with the top off. I think with the full doors, you have to remove them entirely for it to look good. Yeah, I'd say it was a steal, but only if you got the 4.0L HO and the 5 speed. Anything else will fall on it's face if you put even a one size larger tire on it without changing the gear ratio's.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

heeps...baaaaaaaaaaad. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

10. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah well what can i say /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Hey Matt...other side of the state still ain't too far. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif You ever been to the HotRod SuperNationals or 4Wheel Drive Jamboree here? They're at Canfield here...ALSO 5 minutes away. LOL! By the way, check my jeep soundbar post out in the Audio forum.

12. wa_jeeper

wa_jeeper Registered Member

Yeah Bestop are the best tops out there (no pun intended... ) for Jeeps, they also provide the factory tops for Jeep. Doors and hard tops from CJ-7s and YJs will work, but the hard top from a CJ will not work perfectly because a CJs tailgate swings down instead of out like the YJs does. On a YJ top you can open the back window without moving the gate but on a CJ top on a YJ you have to open the gate a little so the window will clear the spare. I'm a reformed Jeeper... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

13. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

<font color="purple"> well i would have to disagree with ya about the power thing. it has the 2.5 in it and it absolutely flies down the road. i didn't think that they started putting in the 4.0 in the wranglers till 96 or 97 ? and that was only in the sport models correct ? i could be wrong,,but i was going to buy one in 96 or 97 and they were just out with them.but what do i know,,i'm a blazer guy myself /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

14. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

<font color="purple"> unfortunately the past few years i've been deprived of making time for offroading events,,but this year is the turn around ! i've been to bloomsburg a few times and i used to mud race (part of the crew for the blue NAPA mud racer,,we nicknamed it " the amish outlaw" since the guy's who owned it were named Stoltzfus /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif ) in class 6 and 7 or modified and super modified (depending on where you were at) so most of my time was taken up wrenching on the race car and working during the week. and when i was at the races there just was not much time to get out and see everything.
    as for the sound bar, i just don't like the looks of that style,i have a nice big box in the lil trunk part of it and i just got some 6" speakers for the door's so hopefully i will be able to REALLY hear it now. if not,,in comes the amp ! </font>

15. wa_jeeper

My 95 had the 2.5/5spd and 33s on stock axles (4.10 gears). It was a dog on the freeway, I never used 5th gear. My friend has a 94 with the same setup but 4.56 gears in the axles and he could actually use 5th gear again. The 4.0 was available from about 90 on, before that it was either a 2.5 or a 4.2 with a carb.

16. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

<font color="purple"> well im trying to keep this thing as reliable as possible, which mean's as stock as possible. only thing im going to do is put a set of new wheel's and tires from a 2004 jeep onto it which are around 31"s and possibly a 2 inch lift later this year.it will be offroadable but i need this for road driving more than anyhting else. if i can't get into bad places i have less chance of breaking it then /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

17. wa_jeeper

You'll be fine with that set-up. Power will be about stock and mileage won't change much.