Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gumbo Mudders

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Mar 14, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

How're the Gumbo Mudder Tires in comparison to GroundHawgs as compared offroad in the mud and sand and on the street as for tread wear and streetablility?
    Thanks

2. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have 40" gumbo mudder and I really like them they work well in the mud and on sand. They wear very long with normal highway use ( I have had my tires for over a year now and they still have half the tread). /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I am buying a set of Ground hawgs this weekend from txbluethunder so I don't know about them yet but if they are as good as my Gumbo Mudder I will be very happy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

My 76 had 40" mudders on it. I liked them. they offered decent traction and I could air them down and still get decent sidewall flex. I have 44" hawgs on this truck. They are alot stiffer. I got them used. so i don't know if it's just becase they are older, but they don't air down as well and the tread is real stiff. I want to get a set of boggers and then use these on the road.