Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gun debate

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stick, Oct 13, 2004.

1. stick

stick Registered Member

did any one else watch this last night? i thought that i might hear from other folks on the radio talk shows this morning , but not one peep. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Watch it?? Was it on TV?

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif no i didn't see it bro. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

oh, between la pierre and that commie whore? i missed it.. wanna fill us in on how it went?

j

5. stick

stick Registered Member

unfortunately it was a pay per view event that cost $10. it was a debate between wayne lapierre and a spokes person from iansa(something peters) any way she was trying to convince americans to submitt to the un and give up our guns. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. stick

stick Registered Member

pretty much she tried to convince us to give up our guns because of her statistic that 11,000 americans died from gun violence in the united states. wayne countered with his own stats on the increase of violent crimes in the united kindom , and austrailia. the crooks know that no one has a gun to defend themselves. she pretty much said that we should call the police and wait. no offence to the law enforcement here on this board but wayne said , and i agree that we should be able to stop them right now with a well placed bullet. just summing it up and these are not verbatum quotes, just what i got from it. he also made it clear to me that no one can mess with our second amendment rights. not even the rest of the world.

7. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

8. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    she pretty much said that we should call the police and wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where I live if I call the police I have to wait for a county cop. At night there is only one county cop on duty; there are no city cops on duty. My nearest neighbor lives a little under 2 miles away. Our phone system in town messed up once and our number dialed 911. When nobody answered to the operator she dispatched an officer and 43 minutes later he arrived. It was not his fault at all, he was on the east side of the county and just finished another call and we live on the far west side. Do I care that it took him so long to respond? No. Should we increase taxes to hire more cops? No. People need to STFU and worry about themselves. These protestors never think of the impact of their actions on the lives of other people, they only think of themselves.

9. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

another big problem with relying on the police, and again no offense to the police on this board or any other for that matter, most cities there job is not really to protect you, but to keep the peace. They will investigate a crime and go after the perps to catch them there by preventing them from doing it again. Still the crime has to happen first. Protection is up to you.

10. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    did any one else watch this last night? i thought that i might hear from other folks on the radio talk shows this morning , but not one peep. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He shouldda shot 'er. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

I want the "cold dead hands" rifle. Maybe he'll give it too me? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. hawkeye649

Now now, that's no better than a woman's retort. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

Her sexuality has nothing to do with anything.

It has been my oppinion that whenever a girl is jealous, they retort to slut/whore/etc. Julie is going out with her old boy friend, she's better at algebra, she has bigger boobs. Don't be a brawd. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Commie is OK, the UN would be best described as that. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

My favorite part is this: we created the UN and refused to join it.

And to the rest of the world: We're your police, get the Fuc|< used to it.

12. jekbrown

if police could stop violent crime, why is there any. I have the utmost respect for cops, but the truth is, so long as we have freedom in this country and the cops are outnumbers by the rest of us, they can't possible stop a violent criminal in time in a VAST majority of cases.

j

13. hawkeye649

There are two reasons the 2nd amendment exists in the first place.
    1: Pigs (no respect found here)
    2: The Armed Forces (thank you for fighting so I can be a prick!!!)

From the decleration of independence "for she [England] has kept a standing army among our people in times of peace"
    We have THE largest standing army on earth!!!

The guns are DEFINITLY not JUST to suppliment my protection from my fellow citizen. It is to make sure the government remembers it is made of ME, by ME, and for ME, because I am a "people".

As for gun control, there is 1 law I beleive in about that!!! The second amendment. The ONLY reason I should be denied a gun, is if I can be proven to not be a people!!!

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The ONLY reason I should be denied a gun, is if I can be proven to not be a people!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I dunno if I'd be too comfortable with you having a gun if you've already committed violent crimes or aren't mentally stable... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I am all for guns in the hands of citizens. In fact, I think I'll go over to the gun store today to do some drooling...

15. hawkeye649

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    The ONLY reason I should be denied a gun, is if I can be proven to not be a people!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I dunno if I'd be too comfortable with you having a gun if you've already committed violent crimes or aren't mentally stable... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, and your pathetic gun laws will keep it out of his hands? Really? They only keep it out of the hands of law-abiding citizens. I'm sure this is how this whole mess started. "well, lets just keep it out of a niggers hand. Well if niggers can't have 'em why should mental deficients? Well women are pretty stoopid, let's exclude them too. We'll hell - if all of them can't have a gun, it aint fair for anyone else too. Why don't we just put a corrupt munnny grubbing police force incharge of it all!!!"

[ QUOTE ]

I am all for guns in the hands of citizens. In fact, I think I'll go over to the gun store today to do some drooling...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want 'em getting a gun again, shoot 'em. Life without parrol, 1million.... 15c for a 12ga slug!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

16. jekbrown

thats a good point... if felons IN JAIL can get ahold of drugs and other contraband, what makes any sane person think that bad guys within a FREE society won't be able to get them? ok, you wrote a law that says "dont do that"... ok, Im sure a guy who is willing to murder someone and break the ultimate law really gives a flying rip about breaking an anti-gun law.

j

17. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

what absolutely kills me about gun debates is liberals seem to think if you get rid of guns...gun crime goes away....does anybody care to hear which country has the lowest crime rate....its switzerland....where they have no standing army, however EVERY person is issued by the government....fully automatic assualt rifles...the people are their army....now does anyone care to know WHY switzerland was never invaded by the nazis?? its because they knew EVERYbody owned a gun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    now does anyone care to know WHY switzerland was never invaded by the nazis??

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because they have been and always will be a neutral country /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Really, and your pathetic gun laws will keep it out of his hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

*MY* "pathetic gun laws"? Hang on, let me look up how many I've written or supported, or how many current legislators are in office that I've supported and have written gun legislation; oh here they are:
    NONE.

[ QUOTE ]
    They only keep it out of the hands of law-abiding citizens.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Maybe you should reread what I said. I said I wouldn't be too comfortable with you having a gun if you've been previously convicted of a violent crime. Give me a list of all the law-abiding citizens that have been committing violent crime. The more law-abiding citizens with firearms the better, in my opinion. If a released criminal wants to get a gun, he's going to get a gun. Will a law saying he can't get one slow him down? maybe, maybe not, but it's unrealistic to say a law like that will hurt gun owners or law abiding gun purchasers. If anything, maybe it should encourage people not to commit violent crime.

[ QUOTE ]
    "well, lets just keep it out of a niggers hand. Well if niggers can't have 'em why should mental deficients? Well women are pretty stoopid, let's exclude them too. We'll hell - if all of them can't have a gun, it aint fair for anyone else too

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know how to respond to that cause I'm not really sure if it's a response to me...I'm a little unclear on what you're trying to say there, too...

If it's in response to me saying "I'm not too comfortable with mentally unstable people buying firearms", then you need to think about my position before coming up with that unrealistic argument(?).
    People with certain mental disorders like schitzo or BPD are dangerous with any weapons, I would be perfectly content to see them turned away at the gun shop because of hospitalization in the last __ years for schizophrenia, etc. They may go three blocks to Hector's house and buy a firearm illegally, but I don't see how a law that turns her away at the gun shop will eventually ever turn me away (as long as I don't go schizo).

Am I for totally anonymous firearm ownership? Yes.
    For totally anonymous purchasing? No, but no record of the purchasers identity should be kept after the transaction is complete.
    Does it piss me off that I've had to completely re-do my pistol license application 3 times, and I currently can't turn it in until I fulfill 2 more requirements? Of course, it's a friggin legislative joke at this point.
    You need a license to drive a car, and there's a central database of all licensed drivers in my state. I don't see a need for that for guns, but I think the ownership responsibility is significant enough that it warrants a little more scrutiny than all or nothing.

Blanket unrestricted ownership would be nice, but it's unrealistic to think everyone in our modern society can handle the responsibility. I don't think it's really always the governments job to keep citizens from hurting themselves, but if there are going to be requirements and restrictions on purchasing a firearm, something as obvious as your criminal or mental health history should probably be considered. If you don't think that makes sense, then we'll just have to disagree; it's clear as day to me.

Bottom line of my post, I was cracking a joke, not entering the debate arena to fight about something we apparently mostly agree on. I may be in New York, but I'm pro-gun. Save attack mode for the liberal commies that want to take guns away from law-abiding citizens. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. hawkeye649

My thought, buying a gun should be like buying a pair of socks. No names, ca$h only.

My point: you start with one law and it moves to another, and they john kerry is running for president....