Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gun dispute

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dysphemism, May 20, 2003.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

my friend and I are having a bit of an argument about guns. I say if you were to cut off the blade part of the bayonet and leave just the "lug" part where it attaches to the lug on the gun, then you would be able to weld the lug on the bayonet to the top of anything and mount it like a bayonet. Like maybe a shotgun or a rocket launcher. Now obviously this would weigh a lot and no one would actually do it, but isn't that possible if the object wouldn't intefere with anything?

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

they make kits to add gren launchers and shotguns to the bottom of the ar-15/m-16 class weapons, and its noteworthy that none of them use the bayo lug for their lone structural support....

j

3. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I know there are many different bayonets out there, so I am just speaking for the M16A2 and its bayonet. You would also have to chop off the "ring" on the bayonett. On the M16A2 the bayonet has a ring that slides over the barrel before it locks on the the bayonet lug. I don't think that the ring supported it at all justy made a easier for us dumb jarheads to figure out which side was the pointy side. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif