Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gun powder and new loads for 7wsm

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by blazindorito, Feb 16, 2007.

1. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

Can anyone recommend some good powder + loads for a 7mm wsm that has proven to work. I know all bullets work when placed correctly but I want something that will do the job right without destroying a lot of deer meat.

I bought my wife a new rifle a 7mm wsm for valentine's Day. I don't know why but she didn't seem excited. I know I was.

i will only be using it for DEER. I have my 300 win mag for bear and SANCHO.

2. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'd say a reduced load. I shoot deer with a 7x57 Mauser loaded to about 2600fps. Excellent results, very little meat damage. Try here.

Reloadersnest.com

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I am a big fan of Speer Grand Slam bullets as well as Nosler Partitions. Both of these bullets stay together after impact with bone. I'd go with reduced loads as well and go with powders at the faster end of the spectrum. When I start a load, I look in the reloading manual for a particular bullet maker, and see what they have listed. Both Nosler and Speer have great reloading manuals. I'd look up a load for you, but my manuals predate the WSM's.

4. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

Mofugly,

That was my same problem. My reloading books don't have the 7mm wsm. I looked online and I found a couple of new suggestions. I have really good luck with the Winchester Ballistic Silvertips. I might just go buy a manual this weekend. I might also buy a 25 wssm for coyotes. I'll see what I do.

Thanks for the info.