Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gunk Bug and Tar Sucks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BAD LUCK 79', Jul 29, 2002.

1. BAD LUCK 79'

BAD LUCK 79' 1/2 ton status

any one know of a better product to remove bug guts and road tar from paint... the gunk crap ain't working work crap..... i've still got the same bug splatters from the last 3 washes...with all the rubbing i've been doin i'm afraid i'll hit bare metal before to long..... oh and while i'm at it .. anyone know of a good way to get wax out of those little cracks and such.???? the last time i waxed the silverado it was getting ready to rain and i had the wife help me take off the wax.... now i've got some in the cracks caked up and a few stray spots on the bed sides.... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I used Mothers Clay bar to get the tar and stuff off my truck. Got it at Wally World, really makes it smooth. Just be sure to put a coat of wax on after 'cause it takes it all off.

3. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

To remove bugs and tar I have always used WD-40, never tried the tar and bug remover.
    For you wax buildup, I usually use a toothbrush or soft brush and cut the bristles down so it is reasonalbly stiff, it works but is not really fast.

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I use an old credit card and put a towel around it to get wax out of the edges.

5. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

go with the clay bar.

6. BAD LUCK 79'

BAD LUCK 79' 1/2 ton status

i never thought about the credit card thing.... i'll have to try that one... and the next time i make it to the evil empire i'll check out the clay bars... thanks guys......