Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Guns-Whats your favorite

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TrcksR4ME, Feb 27, 2002.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Well, my other favorite hobby is shooting guns. Winchesters are amoung my favorites, my 1300 defender 12 ga is just sweet, very under appreciated gun, and my model 12 12 ga is one slick 72 year old gun as well. My Bushmaster AR-15 is by far my favorite, best shooting gun I have ever shot to date, easiest gun to work on and field strip, love it to death. I just picked up a Steyr M-9 9mm pistol...Steyr is an awesome brand, made in Austria. What are your favorites to shoot?

2. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

well growing up my dad was a die hard winchester 12 ga fan...so of course i had to have rifles...
    now that i've inherited the collection, i must admit, theres nothing like knockin a few rounds off with the old double barrel 12 ga

3. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

S&W model 29, been shooting one for years, and like my American Express Card, I don't leave home without it, 'cept when I go to Canada, eh Rene?

87 K5, 427/340hp BBC,4.56 D60 & 14BFF, NV4500, NP208, TSM rear disc's,

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I can't legally list what my favorite is, since we aren't suppose to have it-- so I'll post the second-

glock 10mm got it just before brady came into law, with the larger capacity clips-- NICE GUN.... perfect size, not too much kick etc.. even for a chick
    Brandy

its almost done I can almost drive it..YEAH!
    Duramax running as good as ever- I think its getting jealous!

5. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

akm - couldnt make it malfunction if you you stuck dirt and rocks in it. plua ammo is pretty cheap.

but my real favorite is almost any ruger .22 pistol. shoot all day for $10

he who bash other 4x4, look silly when being pulled out by it.

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

Dan Wesson .357 with hand loads (hot); great versatility!

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

All I own so far is a Belgium Browning Auto 5 20 Ga and a Remington 870 Express 12 ga.

That takes care of my shotgun need, but next on my list is a Colt .45 ACP. Love that gun.

<font color=red>Sherman, Tx</font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/capn_insano79>http://community.webshots.com/user/capn_insano79</a>
    IT'S ALIVE!!!

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

My favorite gun is any gun [​IMG][​IMG]

.22's are fun cause the ammo is cheap.

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>I'm Discombobulated </a>

9. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Myne is well I dont know. I love my .243 I love my ruger .357 blackhawk. Really I love all my guns I believe the key to shooting any gun is creating the right load for YOURSELF. If you make the right load hell every gun will be your favorite. But like said above .22's are fun and cheap! My dad has a .22 short S&amp;W and a .22 long S&amp;W They are very cool little luger look alike pistols.

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.

10. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Ooooh Ahhhhh...Browning Auto 5, very nice...I work in a gun shop part time and get the pleasure of seeing and working on a lot of guns. Nothing like cleaning up an old Browning thats been in someones closet for years, they always clean up nice.

For .22's, my Browning Buckmark pistol is a nice little gun. Not well known, but it is of the same quality as a Ruger .22 mk II maybe better! It will feed ammo more reliably than the Ruger, and is similar to the design of a High Standard.

11. solowookie

I gotta dan wesson .22 that matches my .235 exactly... yea .22's are great to shoot!

BTW I hate Browning semi auto hang guns for the same reason I have a lot of semi autos! [​IMG] my hands are large that the stupid hammers tear the @#$&amp;$# outta my hand! [​IMG] LOL

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Have you ever checked out H&amp;K USPs? These things are huge, I have one myself. There are some things about them that will turn people off, but next time your in a gun store, check one out and see how you like it.

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    Official Colorado K5.com Fantasy Football Choke Artist!<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1>http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1</a>

13. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

I gotta go with Binelli shotguns and any .22. I also like my dad's Weatherby 30-378. The dang thing has some kick to it.

Chad
    '73 Blazer,383,400,Atlas II,D60/14 Bolt,traclok/detroit,39.5 Swamps <a target="_blank" href=http://members.aol.com/fileholder2meg/projblazer.html>Clicky</a>

14. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

i have two browning light twelves(belgium made of course) that i would never get rid of...also a remington model 11(made on the browning pattern) that my grandfather gave me before he passed away...favorite handgun is the para-ordnance p14 .45...that thing is friggin awesome...

Later

Just tap it in...tappity tap tap...

15. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

My favorite handgun is my dads Browning Hi-Power in 9mm. Thats the gun I shoot in competion. I also really like his Kimber .45acp. I also love all me and my dads Ruger single actions. 3 supersblacks, and 2 black. (.357, and 45LC) I especially like that 45LC and the 44mag superblack with the 45/8" barrel. Great wheel gun.

My favorite shotgun is my Remington 870 Express HD riot shotgun with mag extension, and side saddle carrier.

My favorite rifle has to be my dads 300 weatherby mag. or his Dragonov.

Rant time.
    AR-15 SUCK. I hate the things. They are a huge PITA. My dads Bushmaster is always being a bastard and never wants to function right. I would much rather have a Ruger mini 14 or AK, ANY day.(got one of each) They always function. Para Ordanance LDA's are crap. Para's in general are not that great of a gun.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

16. solowookie

the semi-auto I haver right now is a Loris... the south african police took the Sig - and improved upon it. it is illegal to import, but not to own.

the thing will drive tacks! I've shot an H&amp;K .40 and it fit me real well... I'll pick one up sometime cuz I loved the way the firearm felt. power felt very similiar to a .357 (which is my fav...)

17. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

I'm not into exotics but the following I own and enjoy:
    Rem 7mm Mag SSP
    Browning A Bolt SS .270
    Browning Citori over/under 12 gauge
    Rem 1187 SP 12 gauge
    Rem 597 .22
    Winchester 94 .44 mag lever action
    S&amp;W 29-2 .44 mag
    Michigan Arms custom .45 acp combat special
    Rem 300 Ultra Mag
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>
    <font color=red>Because I, Am, Canadian!!!</font color=red>

18. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Glock 17 :) Its not too big, or too small its just right.

If you didnt build it, it isnt really yours.........
    <a target="_blank" href=http://mandydyer.tripod.com/index.htm>http://mandydyer.tripod.com/index.htm</a>

19. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

weatherby vanguard .300mag - nice, big, knocks 'em down...

ruger mini-14 - my plinker

'el pistola' - the 11(wtf?) shot .22 revolver my grandfather took from my uncle when he was 15 years old, about 35 years ago. it has a 1.5" barrel, shoots flame from between the frame, cylinder, and barrel when fired, is likely the most inacurate firearm ever, and is louder than the mini-14..... my friends all get pissed off when i whip out el pistola at the farmhouse, 'cause it makes your ears ring if you are within ~30ft of it.....

greg

* keep the greasy side down *

20. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

If you could have only one firearm the Winchester 1300 Defender is an excelent choice. 7 or 8 rounds depending on length of round. Shoots anything from the smallest game to the biggest depending on what it's loaded with. This includes quail, rabbit, duck, turkey, varmits like truck theives, home invaders, pig (the 4legged kind), deer,elk, all the way up to polar bear. There's not much that you couldn't stop with one of those and the right shell. Just make sure you have the right shell before you shoot a big bear, bird shot would probably piss it off but it wouldn't keep it from turning you into hamburger.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds1" Body Lift W/ Energy Susp. Bushings