Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Guns!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unick, Nov 14, 2003.

1. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

What kind of guns do yall have and how do you like them?
    Ive got a H&K USP 40S&W. Im looking to buy a deer rifle for the small Texas deer back home. I was thinking something like a 30-30. 30-06 may be a little to big.

LMK
    Nick

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Glock 22, its a 40. cal. Shoots real nice and I like it. Also 12 gauge Ithaca, its about 30 years old /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Lots of guns. My fav is my Desert Eagle .50 hand canon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

no guns...who wants to buy THIS GUY a .45 glock?

5. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

I two-hand an uzi and mac-10 when I go deer hunting /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I like my 270 for Deer... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

8. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

i hate that guy

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

FUMES... does this one look better for your pic? [​IMG]

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I keep a 357 mag 6 shooter along with a 12 gauge sawed off pump action Ithica with no plug. I figure if they get passed that they can keep what they find. I'll haunt them forever... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

glock 17, new version with acc rail. i like it a lot... it goes bang every time i pull the trigger and its cheap to practice with.

ar7: fun plinker, I have a telescoping steel-tube stock and heavy bbl for it. Inside 50ft it'd make a good assassins weapon, and its easy/quick to assemble/dissassemble too. very handy if I ever decide to become a hit man.

car-15: 5.56mm preban, hbar, has all the bells and whistles. telescoping stock, bayo lug, hbar, 16.1" bbl, flash suppesor etc. I carried a m16a2 in the corps and this baby feels right at home in my hands.

moss500 12ga: choate stock, side saddle, heat shield, sling swivels, sling. Very fun to shot and nice quick/smooth action for such an economically priced shotty. 8 shots of 00 will slow damn near any1 down.

cz52: 7.62x25mm handgun. omg is this thing fun at the range. you can get hot eastern euro SMG ammo for it dirt cheap that throws some fire out the bbl and gives it a pretty lively kick. Narrow bullet + high velocity = good for defeating body armor for a handgun. added bonus: they are a dime a dozen at guns hows.

thats all i have so far. Someday I want to get a real varmit/target rifle in .220 or .22-250... very heavy bbl, big ol scope, hella long bbl (28"?) all that junk. small super hi vel bullets rock. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif A late-version M14 with synthetic stock would be awesome too... but doubt it'll ever happen. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Guns? I don't have no guns... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pssst... Big Brother is watching...

I'll say this. If I were to own any guns, I wounldn't own anything that was made after the date that required registration, I would only own guns that were made prior to the registration requirement. That's if I were to own any guns. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

13. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Pssst Shaggy!
    I totally agree with you man well thats if big bro was watchin.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

nothing beats the good old ruger 10-22 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Pssst... Big Brother is watching...

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

...wait..did I say those were my guns? what I meant was, they belong to a friend of mine and he lets me shoot them from time to time... wait.. on second thought, Ive never shot a gun in my life, I made the whole thing up just to seem cool. really, i promise!!!

wait... whats that sound? sounds like... a really quiet helicopter...but i dont see nuttin' out the windows... hmmm... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

This 10/22 belongs to a "friend" of mine. "He" lets me shoot it whenever I want. It's the gun that he learned to shoot on when he was a kid, his Dad gave it to him a couple of years ago and he bought an unfinished Fajen thumbhole stock and spent 30+ hours shaping and perfecting it, finished it with 10 coats of tung oil, bedded the barrel, added a Volquartsen trigger group with a 2 lb trigger pull, a fluted heavy barrel and a 10x scope. It shoots solid 1/2" 10 shot groups at 50 yards. It needs new scope mounts but he doesn't want to mess with it now that it's shooting so straight. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Glock 22w/ acc rail & streamlight
    [​IMG]
    Remington 870
    [​IMG]
    H&K Mp5 [​IMG]

Springfield M-14 [​IMG]

Colt AR-15 [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Being a cop has it's perks....... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I love my guns, LOVE my guns! LOL

Winchester Model 12 old school pump shotgun (my baby). Restored this one, mfg 1939, 30" full choke barrel, take down design (breaks in half), made the way guns should be made, from a block of machined steel(well the reciever anyways) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    [​IMG]
    Model 12 winchester above, CZ 452 bottom

Steyr M-9, pmm, fantastic 9mm! Things is up there with Glocks, but cost me a lot less.

Mossberg SSi, Single shot interchangeable barrel set-up, have a heavy barrel 22-250 with a 6-24X x 50mm Swift scope, .223 barrel, and also a .308 barrel.

Winchester 1300 Defender, great shotgun, 18.5" barrel, 8 rounds, fast action pump

CZ 452 Ultra Lux .22LR rifle, 3-9x scope, will shoot one hole groups, but I am not quite that good...yet /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Savage Model 99 Lever action .308, clip fed, in the process of refinishing the stock on this one.

Browning Buckmaster .22LR handgun, heavy barrel, great plinker

Beretta Tomcat .32, not sure why I have it, but I do /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Had, but sold, Bushmaster AR-15 with fluted 24" match barrel, and a lot of other goodies, great gun but wasn't shooting it anymore. Also had a Russian SKS, great gun but sold it for the AR-15. Had a Ruger 10-22 with the old school 25 rd clips, but jammed a lot, so I sold it. Colt 1991A1 45acp, great gun, why did I sell this??? D'oh. Winchester 94 30-30, traded for Savage 99 above. Mossberg 835 12 ga, sold it and got the Winchester 1300 above. Think thats it... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Oh wait, had a Ruger p89 that I sold of to buy the Steyr M-9.

19. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

If I were going to choose between a 30-30 and a 30-06. The 06 would win hands down. It is a way better and more versitile gun. If I could only have one long gun it would be a 30-06.
    Dont worry about it being too big for small deer. Its the same caliber as the 30-30. It will kill them just as dead.
    The 30-30 is a very limited gun. Slow, short range,not a lot of stopping power at long range and drops like a rock past 100 yards.
    The 30=06 can be used (with the proper loads) on all North American big game. Is deadly out to 300 yards (600 yards if you are a nimrod)
    Get the 30-06. You wont regret it.
    Who knows you might not be hunting small deer all your life.
    Personally for deer hunting I perfer 7mm Mag or a 300 Mag. I use a .308 a lot too. But I tend to think of distances less than 300 yards as close range.

20. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Can I have your MP5? I want a mp5N really bad. Those guns are awsome. Im gonna join the Border Patrol after I get out of the Navy just so I can get one.

Nick