Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gutted my engine!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SkulzNBonz, Aug 21, 2002.

1. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Not a piece of emissions equipment left, except a PCV valve! Started out as a valve adjustment (had one clickin'). By the time it was done, I had a Edelbrock Performer manifold, new lifters, and an Accel Super HEI installed. Friggin' truck runs like a scalded a$$ ape. Our governor did away with vehicle inspections last year, so as long as I stay in Oklahoma, I'm o.k. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I think the engine runs cleaner than it did with all that worthless emissions equip. on it, sure runs a hell of a lot better!! Life is good!

John

2. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I know exactly what you mean I did the same thing ever since Ive been in the military(we dont have to worry about emissions where ever we go)Its the greatest thing not to have those things.... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. SkulzNBonz

Semper Fi, Jarhead!!!!

John

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I thought I'd be cool and keep the evap canister. Well that was short lived it, its gone now. Helped a little without it and really cleaned things up. Make sure you run the heated air for the intake. Many people dump this thinking its an emissions item, when its actually a big help. Basically you have a vac line going from your manifold to you air cleaner and a tube running from the exhaust manifold to the air cleaner. This runs a flap inside that channels warm air into the intake and makes things run better. Also run the tube to the front clip for cold air too.

5. SkulzNBonz

Yep, hot and cold air induction are still there, everything else gone bye-bye. Man, the tranny doesn't hard shift when it's cold anymore, and talk about throttle response. Amazing what will happen when something is put together the way it was originally intended.

John

6. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel, neither of my trucks have any of that emissions crap on them, but I do not have to go thru inspections or anything like that either. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif