Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gutting a 205, difficult?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by four_by_ken, Apr 25, 2002.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

How much work is there to gutting a 205 so I can get it machined for a doubler.

Hope the 400 205 I found is the right one so I dont have to do this.

Ken H.

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Not bad at all. You do need a good set of snap ring pliers (like the type used on transmissions, not the two little points style, although there is a few clips that might have the holes for that style too). Look in my album and you will see what I am talking about (I think the one with the tires and springs as the front pic). I did a couple of 205 rebuilds and am in the process of writing an article for Steve and CK5. I just have to get off my lazy butt and do it (sorry Steve).

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

taking it apart is easy without the snapring plier, putting it together you will want the correct SRP.

4. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

IT IS NOT HARD AT ALL. YOU COULD VIDEO YOURSELF ON THE TEAR DOWN THAT WAY YOU CAN WATCH THAT TAPE TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER.