Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Guys HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by testosterone, Jul 17, 2002.

1. testosterone

testosterone Registered Member

I posted earlier about my brake light..well now its worse....She has been running fine and all of a sudden the brake light pops on...i figure its no big deal...well im driving back to work and the service engine soon light pops on...i get to work..shut her down and turn her back on and the engine light doesnt pop on...well driving home i notice the speedo isnt working and the odometer isnt working either..The a/c blower doesnt work either...Her idle seems fine..maybe a bit rough but maybe im being over sensitive abou it...my other guages work fine..alt guage reads at 13v..temp and oil also work as does the fuel..guys please throw out some suggestions..this is my only ride and i need to get her back on the road..im scared to drive her the way she sits right now...
    some background on her..when i bought her (1990 blazer) she had an engine harness fire..that was about two years ago..picked up a new harness and modules and my brother (who is a mechanic ..i moved to vegas and he is still in california which is why i cant ask him to fix her) and I put the new harnesss in and everything seemed to work fine...all but the fuse box...seemed that one side didnt want to accept power so we jumped one side to the other with a jumper hooked to 12v constant..this has worked flawlessly and never caused a prob until about three months ago the jumper wire melted...I replaced it with a thicker guage wire and never gave me a prob..the wire is still there and has a great connection and isnt warped or anything..lights and stereo and turn signals work fine too...anything other than the fuse panel? maybe a ground???

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Speedo on yours is proably all electric. I would say this is all in your fuse box. If the Spedo isn't working it may trip a code in your computer hense the light. I would go back over the harness again. My bet is you have a short somewhere and that's why half you fuse box didn't have power. The short is still there and you by passed it with the jumper. Check the harness that feeds the fuse box down by the starter. You may have blown the Fusable link for the other side of the fuse box that was working because of the jumper. I bet your going to find two blown fusible linkes. THe original and the one that I bet blew because you over loaded it with the jumper. The first one may have poped because of the problem with the old harness.

3. testosterone

testosterone Registered Member

yeah i dug into her a bit..the heater fuse (the 25amp) was blown..changed it and turned the ac on.blew for a few secs a POP..i guess thats what i get for thining about buying a Jeep...