Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Guys with 35's & 36's lemme hear your opinions/suggestions on tires...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88K5Jimmy, Feb 28, 2003.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Guys with 35\'s & 36\'s lemme hear your opinions/suggestions on tires...

Gonna lift the Jimmy 6" this summer and am trying to get an idea of what kind of tire to run. These are my main concerns, so keep these in mind with your suggestions.

-daily driver
    -want a radial
    -dont wanna break the bank
    -need to have good tread life
    -and be close to a true 35"-36"

I was thinking the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R, depending on where I buy them, otherwise a BFG Mud Terrain or possibly a Super Swamper.

Thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Re: Guys with 35\'s & 36\'s lemme hear your opinions/suggestions on tires...

Those are all good choices. I'd go with the BFG's since it's a daily driver.

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I have the 36x12.50R16 Swamper Radials on a DD, and they measure at 35.5 mounted on the rig on an 8" wheel. I love them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I doubt I would buy another tire for a DD (if I had to have a radial), other than an SSR. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Excellent tires on the road, had no problems in snow or on ice yet. I will tell you in a week how they do in mud (local mud races). Overall I feel they are superior tires.

4. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

Sorry but what is a "DD" ..... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Shane - /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Daily Driver.

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Hopw are they for road noise? My TSL's are LOUD!!

7. K5on38s

K5on38s Registered Member

Interco TruXus' 35x12.5x15's are nice i have em on my truck and i like em.... (but i loooooooove my 38.5x16x15's /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I like my BFG M/Ts, they are an excelent all around tire. When I bought them~3 or 4 yrs ago the GMC was my DD. They still have lots tread but also have some battle scars and I did destroy one on the trail. They measured just over 34 3/4" tall on a 15x8 rim when new.

9. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I don't think they are bad at all. Louder than my BFG Muds, but not objectionable. I like tire hum, though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Goodyear MTRs. Great all around tire. I have run them for a long time now, and no problems, I even rolled my Jimmy 6 times and it didnt hurt the tires.

Dan /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

11. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I'll throw in my $.02: I have 35'' mickey thompson radial MTX's and have been very happy with them /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. They measured a true 35'' (when new) and they have given me over 25k so far and I am at half tread /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. They work great in the sand, pretty decent in the mud, and slip very little in the rocks. They are about $130 each too. I would buy them again if they were available in a 37''

12. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

BFG ....... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I'm running 35x14.50x16.5 radial SSR Swampers. They are a little taller than 35", ride great and are about as noisy as the 33" BFG Muds I have on my Suburban. My guess is the BFGs or Goodyears will wear better than the Swampers.

Eric M.