Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

guys with trucks... need a measurment

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big83chevy4x4, Apr 28, 2004.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

im fixing the tailgate hinges on my truck, which included removing what was left of the old hinges and welding 1/8" where they bolt on. what i need is to know where the tail gate hinges bolt on. a measure ment from the top of the box to the top bolt (vertical), from the rear sill to the top bolt (horizontal), and from the rear sill to the bottom bolt. of you need a pic of what im talking about, i can get you one. thanks in advance

2. Dandwg

Dandwg 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Ya I need a pic, I can get that info for ya right away /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. big83chevy4x4

here is the pic, i need it for bolt sides. get it?

[​IMG]

4. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    here is the pic, i need it for bolt sides. get it?

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

I measured from the top of bed, from "corner" of the bed pillar down to center of top hinge bolt is 19& 1/4". This same bolt center, measured distance out from pillar is 1& 1/4". Center to center of the 2 hinge bolts is 3& 3/16", with the lower (bottom) bolt center being 5/8" from the back of bed (which looks to be on the same plane as pillar)which is a 5/8" "offset" in the vertical "alignment" of the 2 hinge bolts. Hopes this is what you were asking /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. big83chevy4x4

thanks abunch, are both sides the same?

6. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    thanks abunch, are both sides the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

YW /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Yep, same on both sides.

7. big83chevy4x4

thanks, got one side done. time to work on the other side after a break /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

hey TJ, kinda late now, but i've got a really solid LWB bed for sale. asking $200 OBO for it, i'm sure we could work something out if you're interested. very light rust in the fender lips, and one spot in the tail panel. inside of the bed is virgin 1986.

9. big83chevy4x4

the only problem is i have hardly any money. all i really need for this one is the driver side, but can't find a good one. got any pics of it? i might be able to scrounge some money up somewhere. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

my next project on this bed is to fix the driver side tail light, so i don't have those white straps holding it in on my brown bed /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

10. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Thats the next area I have to deal with, I'm wanting to put a truck tailgate on too /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif