Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GVWR of K30

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Triaged, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

When walking around the junk yard I get lazy. I don't want to bend over and look at the diff to see if it is a D44 or D60 (look the same to me any way). If I could just look at the tag in the door that would be alot eazier for me (often the badges are missing) to know what GVWR to look for.

Also what year did they start using the 14FF in the rear?

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

2. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

My understanding is that some K20s had a GVWR of a little over 8600lbs to get into the heavy duty emmissions class. My single wheel K30 has a GVWR of 10,500. I also have the factory rear helper springs. Anything heavier should require a dually. I would think that a K30 would have a minimum GVWR of 9000lbs.

3. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    All of my one tons are right around 10Klb GVW.

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

The D60 started in '77.. A quick way to know if the axle is a D60, look at the knuckles. The D60 has four bolts on the top of each of its knuckles holding in the king pin..... One other thing to look at is the bolts holding on the Steering arm. The d44 has 3 bolts holding it on and the D60 has 4 bolts in a square pattern.

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>