Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

H.O. alternator with Electric Water pump

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AZ75K5, Nov 29, 2005.

1. AZ75K5

AZ75K5 Registered Member

Just wondering what you guys have come with as a way to mount the front of the bracket when using an electric water pump (Proform in this case). I have the upper bracket secured to the intake manifold and the alternator pivot bolt (long one through the alt and into the head). Im just not sure how to secure the front of the bracket when there is nothing to secure it to. :confused: Thanks.

p.s. Also wondering if any AZ guys want to help me with my rewire project. I want to make sure Im doing it right. New gauges, elec fan and pump, etc. Thanks :bow:

2. AZ75K5

AZ75K5 Registered Member

ttt. Anyone?

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Sorry this doesn't answer your question, but why do you want an electric water pump? Is it to cool the engine after you turn it off, for higher flow at idle or an attempt to free up some hp?

Just wondering.

4. AZ75K5

AZ75K5 Registered Member

Im running the elec waterpump because I wanted the higher flow rate at low RPMs, and because Im running elec fans, so I decided to do away with any mechanical pump. Its a built 406 which tends to run hot anyway, so I fugure the more cooling, the better.

5. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

hmmmmm im lost with out pics. if u cant find any help long on to www.crawlinaz.com and p.m. me Dave aka irolledit i wouldent mind stoping by and taking a look at it :D

6. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I would saw thats gonna be *alot* of draw on the alt. Better go big. They have some nice 200amp brushless alts I've seen..... lots of guys into big audio systems run em. Or dual alts.