Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

H-Yoke and U joints

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by equalizer, Oct 24, 2004.

1. equalizer

equalizer Registered Member

Currently in Northern Alberta. Soon to be heading
    Was wondering whether my Blazer was normal for not having a H-Yoke. LCM books listed that K10 K20 and the Blazer had a H-Yoke, with a total number of U Joints being 7 throughout the truck. I ve only got a total of 6. Any ideas about why I m missing such a piece on my front drive shaft
    Thanks
    Marc

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I think it depends on which transfer case you have. I know mine has a cv in the front driveshaft making 3 total. I have the NP208.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

A 72 K5 should not have a CV front driveshaft at all AFAIK.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I had 4 first generation 4x4's,3 of them had a CV joint in the front shaft,the one that didnt was a 71 suburban K10,but I suspect someone had it custom made.It never had any issues with vibration or other problems--led me to wonder why they ever put a CV one there at all,those trucks in stock form didnt have much of a angle to the drivesaft,and you rarely exceed 25 mph in 4wd anyway in those old part time transfer case rigs.I saved that shaft,still in my collection--I've yet to find another truck it would fit though! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif