Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

H1 Brush guard mounting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k5blazer, Jun 4, 2006.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Anyone out there with an H1 w/a brush guard?
    Apparently they have pins to hold it in. I think I've heard you have to pull the pins, fold the guard down, then you can tilt up the hood? Does anybody know how these work or even better got close up pics of the mounting on the truck.
    I ask because I've got a one piece tilt forward front clip for my K5 and I'm looking for ideas on how to mount a brush guard so as it doesn't interfere with the tilt-front clip when it tilts forward.
    Mabey I should take a trip to my local Hummer dealer...

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Looks like there are the two hinge points on the lower edge of the brush guard, and two removable hitch-style pins, as on the green one. The tan one is the DUMV which looks a bit different.

-- A

front-high.jpg

96-084-1-10.jpg

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

One thing I've thought of is, double front receivers, and either totally remove the brush guard, or have it hinged there. I'd like to be able to stand on it to work on the engine also.

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Hey, thanks for the pics. Those are a little better than I can find.
    What the heck is a DUMV? I don't think I'd want to be on the wrong end of that thing!
    If I was thinking when I mounted the front clip, uhhh...4 years ago...., I'd have tossed the hinges that came with it and made my own mounting system, and would have included the guard mounting in the design. But, alas, the clip is already mounted, and the hinges all nice and line-x'd, so I'd hate to tear that apart now. And there might be a clearance problem with the bumper if the guard and clip were mounted as one. Mabey that's why the H1 is a seperate hinge as well.
    I bought 5 of the H1 disconnect pins off eBay for $35, really nice pins, I just may find a use for the extra's for other things.
    I tried a double reciever on my K2500. DIdn't work for nothing. It was always a struggle to get my device, (plow, hitch ball, etc..) into it. It appears different types of steel expand and contract at different rates, and the frame (and anything mounted to between to rails of it) doesn't really budge, while the reciever piece moved alot, I would measure up to an 1/2" between a 90* summer day and a 10* winter day.
    Of course I mounted it on a nice summer day, and would try to slide the plow in on a winter day...no slidey. A few beats with seldge later...I could get it in.
    I think I need to visit the Hummer dealer for a live demo....hehehe...
    "Yes, I'd like to take that H1 for a test drive please...to my house...I mean...for a test drive..."