Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

H1 lug nuts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RGV72BLAZER, Jan 23, 2007.

1. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    i've been kicking myself in the as$ for the past week looking & searching & thinking about the lug nuts that go on the H1s. they're not the ones i have, to where you can see still the threads sticking out about half way. i don't think it's very aesthetically pleasing, so when i ran across the longer ones that cover the entire threads, i thought i'd really like to have them. anyone know where i can find them? also can these also be used on the 8 bolts that bring the two halves together...gosh if only i could remember who's rig had them.......thanks.

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Readymix has that style on his H1s. I do not think you can use them for the two halves as the stud size is not 9/16-18.

Ira

3. RGV72BLAZER

thanks a lot. i'll try to get in touch with him.

4. big4x4ride

big4x4ride 1/2 ton status

arent the lug nuts 1/2, along with the h1 studs?? I know my lug nuts will fit the threads on my h1's .

5. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

most dana 60f's use 9/16-18 wheel studs. d44f are smaller. i think 1/2-20. i have also seen dodge d60f's that had 1/2-20 wheel studs.

any how as far as lug nuts go i use something similar to these, only thing is they stick out as far as the wheel, & farther than the lock out. i am worried they will get broke against a rock

http://www.ezaccessory.com/Acorn_Lug_Nuts_9_16_Thread_Long_p/1210l.htm

6. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have the long cover lug nuts on my truck, they have them at Pep Boys. 9/16th is what you need, as far as the 8 bolts for the rims they are fine thread and I think metric so no you caint use the lug nuts, I tried to find some locally due to losing a couple and finally gave up, called USA 6x6 and had a spare set in a few days

7. RGV72BLAZER

cool beans. thanks for all the info guys. i have all the nuts already, but i want the longer ones at least for the wheels & i'll be running rock rings so i don't think smashing them will be a problem.

8. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

that is odd, must be more than 1 style cause my h-1's have 1/2-20 standard thread studs.