Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

H1 rim recentering and backspacing?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camok5, Sep 1, 2006.

1. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm taking my H1 rims to be recentered and not sure what backspacing to go with? I want them to stick outside the body alittle but not alot. My current rims are 16x10 with 4.5 of backspacing and look perfect but the hummer rims are only 8.25. What do you think I should go with?

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

backspacing is measured from the inside of the rim, so if u want the 8.25's to stick out the same as the 16x10's make them the same backspacing + the diference in width.

that would mean u would want your h1's to have 2.75" to look like your old rims

3. camok5

I know how backspacing is measured but because the rim is narrower I dont want to just push it out farther, I want the rims evenly spaced. I plan on running 38-15.5-16.5 swampers and mostly just want to know what anybody else might have gone with when they did theirs?

4. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

sorry didn't mean to offend. i guess i didn't understand your question.

most 16.5" rims that diameter have 3.75" bs. i run h1's w/ thier stock backspacing, so i am no help there. good luck

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd go 4.5 or 3.5 on the H1s. Depending on the stick out you want. My S10 I am going with 4.5. The stock depth is obviouslly too deep but the narrower I can keep the rig the better. Afterall its small and I want it to fit a lot of places you'd really have to work to get a K5 into.

However little I like to endorse Daniel, the Pressed Centers from USA 6x6 seem to be the way to go for me. They make them mostly for 4.5" backspacing, they are strong, and easy to put in yourself(if you can weld them and have access to a good welder).

6. camok5

I'm having Dean Reed from over on Pirate4x4 do mine because he lives alot closer and I trust him (USA6x6 has to bad a reputation and shipping would kill me). I want the rims to stick out a bit from the body because I plan on putting a partial exo cage on and it might look funny if they where tucked under the body to much. I think I'm going to go with 3.5 to play it safe. Also Boz42 I was not offended I just didnt want to start a post on how to measure backspacing :D thanks for the help though.