Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

H1 Wheel Socket...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck79K30, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

hey guys and gals, maybe you can help me out here...
    im looking for a place to get the 5 sided wheel bolt socket for the nuts on an H1 beadlock wheel... if any of you have one, can you tell me where to get it?

thanks!!
    josh

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I've got a set of H1's that I'm going to use on my K5, I haven't noticed any odd hardware on them. :confused:

3. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

I just went and checked my H1's (which are still assembled as they were from the factory) and my beadlocks have 6 sided nuts.

Sounds like a pair of vice grips and some replacement nuts are in your future. :D

Maybe a 12pt socket would fit over enough to bite? might have to try a metric or a size up or something. Maybe one of those universal mauled nut remover things with the little metal rods that conform to any nut would work?

4. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

The older design of the 8 bolt H1 wheels used a 5 sided nut so that the tech's wouldn't acidentily remove the wrong nuts while removing the tire from the vehicle.
    The newer 8 Bolt design uses a normal 6 sided nut as does the 12 bolt wheel.

I know you can get a socket for them, but I will need to look through my paperwork to find out where.

5. Confedneck79K30

readymix, please do, i have a customer looking for one, he restores fire trucks and equipment and a few of his accounts have the older h1s with 5 sided nuts, this one was a 97...it looks like a 3/4" nut to me just a pentagon instead of a hexagon

6. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I couldn't find any paperwork.......but I called my buddy about it and asked him. It was for his truck anyway.

He said he got the socket from a place that sells tools and parts to teh high voltage electricians. I remember that it would not directly fit a ratchet so we welded a craftsman socket to it. I don't think the one we had would stand up to an impact for very long though.

My army buddy runs a motor pool. He said you could get one form GM for around $100

7. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

8. Confedneck79K30

nope, thats the wrong size, i can get that one too lol, thanks for your help

9. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Check Snap On