Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

H2 Bling-Bang!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dontoe, Oct 16, 2004.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Saw this on an insurance site! Air bags are needed on H2's I suppose! [​IMG]

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

there goes a few thousand dollars /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

chit, thats $15,000 atleast.

j

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Man look how close the rocker are is to the ground.......

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

looks like the step someone put on there is still like a foot off the ground /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I've seen plenty of H2s, they are impressive as long as you don't remember that they are built on junk IFS with 14 bolt semi floaters and are oversized and overexpensive. Nice approach and departures on them. And $15k is a very conservative estimate. Hit a pole with my dad's F250 (read cheaper truck than an H2) and it cost something like 20+ to fix.

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Looks to me Like the crumple zone did it's job. The cabin area looks fine. The last time I checked thats what is supposed to happen.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

crumple zones suck. If that guy had a SERIOUS bumper on his truck, Im not sure it would have been damaged much at all... maybe a bit of frame tweaking... but getting a frame straighted and a new bumper is a heck of a lot cheaper that replacing every single body and drivetrain part under (and including) the hood. You're right on the estimate... prolly $30k. If the damn thing didn't cost $60k at the dealer it'd be "totaled". lol!

j

8. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    If that guy had a SERIOUS bumper on his truck, Im not sure it would have been damaged much at all

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea and then all of the energy that the crumple zone absorbed would be transfered to the occupants, but at least when they got out of the hospital there truck would still look nice /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If , and I say if , I were to ever buy a late model truck or wheeler , I would save the money and get a Tahoe instead , basically simmilar albeit less off road options and probably cost less to insure . And if I wreck it I can swap the drivetrain in the project truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

If it had a beefy bumper bolted straight to the frame the frame would have been toast! I hit a S10 Blazer at about 40 with my 75 K5, I had a push bumper looking thing set up on it and killed my frame. Of course the S10 got the worst of it, blew out every window in the thing, totaled both vehicles.

11. bandit1

bandit1 Registered Member

that sucks it's one of the first i've seen that wasnt on BIG rims. (why cant they hit a pole?) /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif