Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

H2 rims and tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by new2k5, Jan 22, 2003.

1. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

i found a good deal on a set of H2 rims and tires and was wondering how well they would work on a 87 k5 with d 60 and 14 ff. since i am tryin to do axels lift and tires all at once i can only afford the 2" tough country add a laef kit. (for now) i was told a d 60 will give an extra inch of lift. is this true? i figure with 3" front and 2"" rear and some fender trimming i should be alright. i plan to go with a full 4" kit and 37's eventually.

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

The difference is spring pad height between a d44/10b and a d60 is approx. 3/4", and that is how much it will raise your front end.

H2s are :rainbow: and I wouldn't want anything from one on my truck, but to each his own.

I wouldn't recommend a 2 or 3" front lift. Go for a full 4" and you won't regret it.
    If you can't afford the $ to do the rear right, a block kit will work fine temporarily. Temporary blocks lasted, for me, several years until I did it up right.
    -- Mike

3. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Correct me if I'm wrong - but won't the backspacing on these wheels be totally wrong for a K5?

If I recall correctly, these wheels have a very shallow backspacing - you may want to look into this further...

4. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I think you're thinking of the Hummer (H1)wheels. The H2 aren't anything more than a body on a 3/4 ton chasis. The wheels are like any other GM truck wheel of the same year.

Eric M.

5. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

i dont know about the backspaceing thats why i'm askin. i found a set of 4 for 800 with barely any miles. considering the price of 17" wheels and tires i thought it was a good deal. yea i know i could go with 15's and grind my calipers but that just doesn't appeal to me. plus everyones got 15's i think they look too small for a big truck

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

But check out the stock wheels on any of the later model 4WD's. Starting with the IFS front ends, they went to wheels that have a lot of negative offset. The center face of the wheel is barely inside the outer edge of the wheel. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif The wheel centers are too small to fit over the locking hub stickouts on solid axles or the hubs of the 14-bolt FF. You also would have to cut out the centers of the clip-on covers that hide the lug nuts. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

thanks for the input ive decided against em. i just really wanted 17" wheels and i'm to broke to afford new. i am goin to buy a set 16.5's with generic33 12.5 froma guy at work for now. then get what i really want when i can afford a real lift

8. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

i'm in the middle of a axel swap and I picked up new 15 rims from 4wph for 212.00 with 2.5 inch back spacing.

this requires no caliper grinding too, btw I bough the modular style. My nieghbor likes them as much as his $2000.00 weld rims. And they have the..

[ I am not a poser effect to them] /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif