Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

H4 Halogen lites for gmc?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rusty68, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Rusty68

Rusty68 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know if they make the high output head lites for a GMC? I see them everywhere for the 7 inch singles, but no 5 inch.

2. Sledge

Sledge Registered Member

I bought some at the Hot August Nights swap here in Reno last summer. If you want, I can dig out the box and get you the manufacturer's name and model number. At least I can assure they do exist. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Rusty68

Rusty68 1/2 ton status

Yea, that would be great. By the way, was there any improvment over the normal auto parts store brand sealed beams?

4. Big Sean E

Big Sean E Registered Member

I don't know if you have a Western Performace store out your way, but I'm looking at a EUROLITE HID look sealed beam replacement headlight. They look pretty cool with their diamond cut lenses. Or you could check out the Hella halogen replacements. Look them both up on Google, and you should find what you're looking for.
    web page

5. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I have Bosch replacements on mine and I believe they also had a rectangular (2 and 4 light) conversion and a 5 inch, 4 light conversion kit where I bought mine. I don't have the box any more, but if you search by my username back to about January (I put them in over Christmas) there's a thread with the name and number in there.

Yes they are really worth it. May have kept me from hitting a deer on my drive from AB to MO

6. Sledge

Sledge Registered Member

OK I found the box. My lenses are from Autopal, the 5 3/4" rounds. I haven't had a chance to try 'em out yet (truck's been in the middle of a frame-off for the last two years). I have some friends who've done the 7" round and rectangular conversion and it's a "night and day" difference (sorry for the pun).

I noticed that AutoOptiks lists a kit for the small-rounds:

http://www.autooptiks.com