Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hack, Hack, Hack....goes the exhaust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MICHIGAN BLAZER, Jul 26, 2000.

1. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hackin' it off tonight....wish me luck. Hopefully it'll be alittle quiter when I'm done. Hopefully gonna get the bulk of it done tonight after work...then finish tomorrow morning.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

3. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

are you going to replace it?

good luck

[​IMG]Go prepared

I have a Shotgun a Rifle and a 4WD(K5) and Country Boy Can Survive!!!!

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Last sunday when I put on my Flowmasters I used and air chisel and a cut-off wheel. I recomend a Sawzall or a torch, if you have one</font color=blue>

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com <font color=blue>Updated!</font color=blue>

5. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hmmmm...well....not done yet. couldn't drive it to work today. Damn Parts store gave me the wrong donut gaskets!!! I didn't know what kind i had in there....luckily I still had about 1/2 donut left on the passenger side to compare to. They gave me the ones that are tapered on top and bottom....I need the ones with a taper on the bottom only. Ugh....have to go return them today. Everything else went well with the exception of drilling out my snapped off studs on the passenger side manifold. First my crappy drill was crapping out on me....then i drove around to a couple of shops to see if they could just quick drill 'em out for me......ha.....no such luck!(big,dumb, mean mechanic people) So....went to my mom's and got a better drill. Went through the first two drill bits great...wizzed right through.....but the 3rd bit.....arrrrgh....crappiest drill bit I've ever used. Probably worked on those 3 holes for 1 1/2 hours...had to stop and resharpen bit twice. Then I found out the donuts were wrong last night at 10:00. Didn't want to really drive it with just my y-pipe & no donuts. But in the end it's going to be 2 new donuts, y-pipe, single 3" straight pipe, then I'm not quite sure where it's going to get bent to yet....we'll just have to see where she wants to go.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

6. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

theres a real nice OEM muffler that I'm looking at for mine 3 inch in with 2 , 2 1/4 out lets. thers all so one with a 3 inch out and one with a 4 inch out. the 4inch outlet could be a good deal, I still like at the room I now have down the right side wit the 2nd 3 inch that ran down that side gone. room to work on the front out put, the t-case shifters [​IMG]

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken