Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Had a flat tire....Now I get a new motor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Stickseler, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

On my way to work the other day my r. front went down quick, so I head back home and take the wifes van to work. I come home that night and find that in my drive home (100 yards) I cut the sidewall. So I says to the wife we really need to replace all 4 so they match and she says OK. Then she asks if my buddys still willing to sell his 35's, I call him and he say sure there yours. But youll need my old lift-kit also ( he went to 8"), And I say cool but wont that hurt my 225k+ motor and he says I'll give you the tires and wheels and lift if you want my shop to order you a new motor. And oh while it's out we'll get the tranny rebuilt. Wife says go for it./forums/images/icons/smile.gif She also let me get a new holley TBI and MSD ignition including the dist. And a billett dress up kit.

So where do I get the Billet valve covers (Center-Bolt)??

And any opinions on the Holly TBI??

Bye-Bye Tax check...and hello CC bill.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn you are lucky /forums/images/icons/smile.gif congrats /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Now that is a true tire upgrade in Offroad fashion!. Need a tires so have to replace the engine and rebuld the tranny hahahaha.
    Well one more thing to concider. If you have a 700r4 and going to run 35's you need to look at regearing the axles up to at least 4.10's 4.56 would be even better. So it's cheaper to buy a 4.56 14ff than Regear a 10 or 12 if you have to pay somebody to do the set up soooooo........ahahahaha

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

WOW!!! Cool wife to allow that... sounds like one heck of an upgrade. I agree with grim 100% on the axles too... you'll fry the tranny and lug it like a dog with cheesey stock gears