Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Had a fly -by at the house for a great picture opportunity

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, May 21, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Must be headding down to the track for the Indy500. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Flew right over my house so I followed it about 20miles on the back roads to get some good pictures.

Got a chance to checkout the new ford shock towers and gabrials. Even with the sway bar off it was very stable at 60 on the rough back roads and easly ran 65 on the highway with comfort. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Cool pic! It's pretty neat to watch the blimps lazily floating along. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I live right next to the Air Force Academy. They will be having their graduation ceremony in the next week or so. Each year the Thunderbirds put on about a 45 minute airshow over the stadium, so they're blasting right over my house at maybe 500 feet off the deck. They also practice the show the day before, so we get to watch it twice. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif President Bush is speaking at the ceremony this year, so I expect that there will be even more "stuff" going by in the sky. It's awesome! My kids love it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

When they have home football games, they fly over other Air Force stuff. We've had B52's, B1's, Stealth Bombers, Stealth Fighters, huge radar/communications planes, refueling tankers (with a Cobra gunship flying alongside just behind each wing), various fighter jets, A10's, and giant Cargo Planes flying right over our house at one time or another. Our tax dollars at work... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I've never seen on of those fly by ever. Up here all we have in the sky are bugs, birds, planes, helicopters, and those sky diver people /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Up here all we have in the sky are bugs, birds, planes, helicopters, and those sky diver people

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like where I live... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Cool photo! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    huge radar/communications planes

[/ QUOTE ]

These are AWAC's.

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Thanks! I couldn't remember the name as I was writing that! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif