Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Had a real bad weekend, Truck got impounded..... and more........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Silver84k5, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

well i was at my friends house on thursday helping him put on a body lift, we decided it would be easier to use a hilift rather then lay on our backs and use our feet to press the body up, so we get in my truck and go get it from my house, i get pulled over for no front license plate well then they notice i got expired tags, then i find out i have no proof of insurance, on top of not having restrated my truck yet in my name, also no mud flaps, so they tow my truck, i spend the next day trying to track all previous owners of my truck to get it signed off so i can resitrate it in my name, i ended up forging the Signatures to get it registered, then i gave them my friends address in tillamook (DEQ exempt) so i can get tags, so $160 for the impounded fee, $90 at the DMV, $40 at the police station, and a $260 ticket for the tags and insurance, then we decide to go hunting on saturday in my friends jeep, well the battery dies up in the mountains we get jumped, then it dies again, all in all it took 8 jumps till we finally got home, I shouldve just stayed home once i got there, but no, i decide to take my Newly registered and tagged blazer hunting, we hunt for about 3-4 hours then get discouraged and head to the Tavern for a beer, well 4 pitchers later its about midnight, and we decide to go wheeling, we meet up with soime friends in the hills and go rollin around, we go down a dead end, and start backing up well since its so dark i couldnt see well and back off a cliff my passenger rear tire is down off a ledge my front drivers tire is inn the air, i climb out the window, well we wouldve rolled it down the hill if we tried pulliin it out, so i decied to call a tow truck with a winch to come get it out, well 3 hours laters we get my truck out, I dont have to 300 dollars for the bill so we had to let them impound my truck again, i got it back sunday morning........ Moral of the story, 1st BUY A WINCH and a few snatch blocks, 2nd 1 pitcher is plenty for 2 people, 3rd dont push your luck....... sorry this is so long but just had to get it off my chest........

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

dude that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif you should have just stayed home[shockd] /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. Silver84k5

well atleast my truck didnt tumble down the hill, Just a huge set back for my 5.13's and detroit in the front end,

4. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Dude, thats like one bad luck smack in the face after another. That SUX!

Depdog

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

after all that bad luck your now do for some good luck so go buy a lottery ticket and if you win then dont forget im the one who suggested it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif whats it going to hurt what you lose $1 look at what you can gain /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

...and you are blaming all that on bad luck? Consider yourself lucky that you didn't kill yourself or someone else.

7. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

yea, i came real close to getting my truck impounded, i was off-roading at a pool and raquet club a while ago, at 11:30pm, with my friend and his girl friend, both irish, i drove off a 3 foot drop off that i didnt see, suspension and truck made a horrable crunching noise, then i drive up on the driveway and find that it is nicely gated, i waas gunna bust through the gate with my truck, because at this point either i get out or risk being behind "enemy lines" any furter, but a voice of my friend who worked there said to go the way you came, thinkin i would run into the drop off, but no there was a way around it i went up it going sideways spinning up grass with my posi like a mo-fo and made it out wiht a nice dent in the exaust pipe and a scrach in the cross member, i could of done so much more damage to my truck if i would of hit it even wronger, i could of put a nice hole in my gas tank or riped open my transfercase, i guess you could say i had two lucky irish charms in my truck that night, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. im so damn lucky that i didnt get caught, or damage my truck to the point where i couldnt drive it, but that is a chevy for you /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, i went off-roading this time today at the local off-road place, bounced around alot had some fun, splahed through some mild mud holes because i was alone, didnt want to get stuck by myself in my truck only. any way it was cool, good luck with your blazer.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i think # 3 should be #1 in your case

9. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

damm, atleast you didnt roll your K5. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif how long is the set back on gears and lockers? i'm waiting on you so we can hit up Browns Camp

10. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Sh*t always happened altogather..... Hope it all ended last weekend.

11. Silver84k5

well i get paid this friday, then two more weeks, another paycheck, and ill be calling darrel, then another check and if your ready we can swap the x-over steering, im real pumped about that, my P/S pump is making some wierd noise heh,

12. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i had a leaky power sterring pump, pissed me off, so i took a mix of brake fluid and trans fluid and mixed it up nice an fine and put it in, wa-lah no more leak, and i put some old school stop leak stuff in there too, just a lil bit tho, hope this helps /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Moral of the story, 1st BUY A WINCH and a few snatch blocks, 2nd 1 pitcher is plenty for 2 people, 3rd dont push your luck....... sorry this is so long but just had to get it off my chest........

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well, I would have to say the first moral of this story would be, don't drive a vehicle that has all the violations you had going on. Two, don't drink and wheel.

14. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Silver84k5:

Why were you driving a truck that was unregistered, uninsured, and generally not legal for road use in the first place? I mean, you call it bad luck that you got cought for it, but it would happen sooner or later anyway. Second, you think wheeling at night after 4 pitchers of beer is an ok thing to do? Sigh, anyway, sorry to hear about all the stuff that happened.

87sm465np205:

Your saying that you wheeled on private land, a pool and raquet club, tore up there property, and was about to crush through a gate and you think it was a fun old great time eh? You know, it's people like you who are giving the "off-roader" a bad name and getting all our favorite wheeling spots closed down. Grow up a little man, maybe if you did break your truck and get cought you would have learned a lesson? Probably not. I've noticed this on most of your posts.

Anyway, use your noggin people /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

15. Silver84k5

i drove my truck to my friends house and back to mine, less then half a mile, i was 5 blocks from my house when it got towed, not like i was driving it to work everyday, and yes drinking and wheeling aint the smartest thing to do but sometimes alcohol does a lot to your decision making, and i was not really that drunk i mean if i was totally sober i prolly wouldnt of got in that situation, but i was able to walk straight and all that good stuff so i wasnt that bad off

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yeah okay. Making fawking excuses for doing stupid sh*t......... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

17. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

but but.......I've only had thee osifers mR. TeQUilA, hiccup /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    U want a metal or a chest to pin it on? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

18. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

This is pretty typical of today's society. Break the law many times over, get exactly what you know is coming to you and blame it all on anything but yourself. The luck that you had was good. You could have been dead or killed someone else. You could have totalled the truck and been socked with a huge extraction fine. You could have been arrested for DUI and given even more fines.

Sorry, man, but I've got to call it as I see it.

19. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I agree...reckless, foolish, stupid, immature...I could go on and on. The worst part is that he doesn't seem to get it that he did anything wrong or that he could have hurt himself or someone else. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

20. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i had a leaky power sterring pump, pissed me off, so i took a mix of brake fluid and trans fluid and mixed it up nice an fine and put it in

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> I'm speechless. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif </font color>