Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Had an adventure today!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colbystephens, Jan 3, 2007.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

what a crazy day. i'm over in sunriver, oregon right now with the in-law family. that's 3 hours from portland. anyway, this morning, my 17yr-old sister in-law had a temper tantrum (very common :doah:), so we started out with a real fiery morning. well, she was forbidden to join us as we went up the mountain to do some snowboarding. we took my rig b/c my truck is clearly more capable than their rav-4.

only problem is that on monday morning, 10 minutes before we were supposed to leave for sunriver, my ignition key cylinder broke. so, i had ck5 member Makovai help me out hooking up a key to run the starter solenoid and the fuel shut off. works really well, but the rest of the truck doesn't know the truck is on so i don't have things such as blinkers or wipers, etc.

we slapped a lot of rain-x on my windshield. then the hotel gave us a couple pieces of wire with aligator clips so i could hopefully figure out how to hot-wire my wipers, if need be. ok, so we start up the mountain, but as it turns out rain-x doesn't do sh*t for snow. well, i had a snow brush on a long rod, so i opened the window and manually cleaned my windshield while driving. well, that only worked for a while till it started snowing too much and the water wasn't being brushed off of the window. so, i slapped on a set of snow-goggles and stuck my head out the window. that worked, but it really sucked because it was cold like crazy and the snow stung and i couldn't see how close the passenger side was to the snow bank. anyway, we got to the top of the mountain safely.

well, we were there 5 hours and it snowed 10" while there! that's a TON for oregon. well, the powder was DEEP. we got to the top of this lift, little 13 yr old bro-in-law gets stuck, takes off board to walk up to us. after fighting his way thru waist-deep powder, he loses his snow-board! :o So, i took off after it. i'm not that good of a snowboarder, but i'm flying down this hill. unfortunately visibility was limited, but i'm keeping up with his board pretty good (it had a 100ft head start.) then i ate the deep powder and lost his board! now he's $300 in debt b/c it was rented and the insurance doesn't cover it. bummer.

i go down to the bottom of the hill for help, wife and bro climb back to top of run. well, i made it down this long freaking hill and back up to the top of the lift before they make it up the hill! deep stuff really bogged them down. i wait in the lift house at the top, and dude tells me he's gonna call ski patrol to come get all three of us at the bottom of the hill after we ride the lift back down to the bottom.

we get to the bottom and ski patrol doesn't know a thing about it, but they agree to give bro a ride to the lodge, but claire and i have to ride to the top of the lift again and board down to the lodge which was some distance away. my clothes lost their water-proof quality, so i'm freezing my ass off and pissed. anyway, we go up and ride down again, with only a couple spots of trouble.

then i decide i'm gonna figure out how to hot wire my wiper motor, so i learned how to do that in the parking lot in the snow. :) that was neat.

everything else was pretty uneventful, but a long adventure of a day.

:D

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

dood!! that was a great story.....i feel like i was there.:laugh: i hope the rest of the week if good for you bro..:bow:

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I would of reached under the dash and took the ignition switch off until I get to where a lockplate removal tool is .

You can move the lever on the switch manually to turn the truck on:doah:

4. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm kinda glad its 50, and no snow here:haha: :haha:

5. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

pics of said 17y/o sis inlaw? lol... sounds like fun, too bad you had to contend with snow though, sucka!!! lol

6. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I don't know if I'm laughing at you, or with you. Either way, I'm laughing pretty hard! :haha:

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I will never get why people snowboard or ski.

I guess I'm too afraid to spill my drink...

ANYWAY'S funny story bra.:wink1:

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:
    Priceless!

9. colbystephens

You have no idea. :D

10. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

LOL, ok, the goggles thing had me laughing my head off, I could just see that happening :D

How exactly are you able to steer your truck without being able to disengage the steering lock plate?

11. colbystephens

when i need to turn, i get out, put the high lift under the front and get it up in the air, then i turn the tires by hand... :D

i can unlock the steering wheel, but it doesn't do anything else.