Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Had an 'Altercation' in the Wal-Mart Parking Lot

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Nov 6, 2003.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Had an \'Altercation\' in the Wal-Mart Parking Lot

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I took the family to Wal-Mart last night. The 'Family Truckster' is a Full-Size Chevy G20 Van. It's BIG. Mom and Baby Girl stayed in the van to nurse while the Boy and I went in to get stuff.

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif On our way back to the Van, I saw a 400-pound guy trying to squeeze into his Lincoln which was parked next to our van. Both his car and my van were parked reasonably within the parking spaces, but with both being large vehicles there wasn't a lot of room for a 400 pound dude to get into his car. I had no trouble getting out of the van... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif So I'm watching him, and he reached into his car and grabbed something which he then used to write profanity on my window. By the time I got to the van, the Wife had showed herself to the 400-pounder and he closed his door (busted)...

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So I put the Boy in the van, then knocked on his car window. He rolled it down and I said, "OK, JackAss, would you like to pay cash for that vandalism or would you rather explain it to the police?"

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif He said, "Well what'd you park so close for?"

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I said, "Same as you... I have a big vehicle and I had to put it in a small parking spot." He sat there for a few seconds without saying anything so I said, "So it's the police then?"

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif This was kind of a turning point. He quickly became very apologetic and said, "I'll clean it off."

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I said, "Well, get to it then..."

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif So he tries to wipe it off with his hand, but that only smears it all over. I think it was black permanent marker... So amazingly he opens his trunk and pulls out none other than a can of glass cleaner and a rag. He had to wash it several times to get it off and while he worked I got in the other side and waited patiently in the driver's seat. He got it all clean and then even did my mirror.

/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I rolled down my window and said, "Thanks Man. I appreciate it."

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif He said, "I'll do the rest of your windows if you want. I was wrong and I shouldn't have done that."

/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif So I said, "No that's OK. No hard feelings."

So anyways, I am glad I confronted the guy, but on the other hand I felt pretty bad later for being so coarse. It's hard to decide what you want your kids to see... I didn't want the Boy to see me let this guy get away with what he did, (the Boy saw him doing it) but I don't want my kid to see me 'Duking it out' with some dude in the Wal-Mart parking lot either. Luckily it didn't go that way this time, but it easily could have as pissed as I was.

So that's my story. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Re: Had an \'Altercation\' in the Wal-Mart Parking Lot

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI was in traffic once and a kid rode by on his bike and hawked a loogy on my window, boy did he feel dumb when I caught him in the parking lot and made him wipe it off , he even tried to make a scene and grab a pay phone to call the police until I said good idea and told him to dial 911, that boy hung up the phone quick.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifGood for you for bieng cool about the situation.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Its nice to see there are still some people who know right from wrong and accept responsibility if they do something wrong. Too bad the guy had to be an a$$hat at first but sounds like he did what was right.
    Sounds like you handeled things well too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you handled it better than i would have /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif i would not have given him the option to clean it off till after i opened a big ol can of whoop ass /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif thats one thing you don't do is [darn] with someones vehicle /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif if you have a problem with someone be a man about it and deal with the person /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif it takes a mighty tough person to [darn] with someones vehicle that cant fight back /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I felt pretty bad later for being so coarse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel bad, I think you handled it pretty well.

Your son learned that everyone is resposible for their actions and the other guy will think twice before pulling a stupid stunt like that again.

Everybody wins!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

When I had my dodge pickup Freshmen year at college, I parked all wally world was sitting there waiting for a song to end a guy in another truck pulled up and jumped out slamming his door into my truck. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I got out, he looked at me and I said hey wait a minute come back here! I walked around and had put a mark in my passengers side door /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif He said no biggie it will wipe off /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif So I asked him to wipe it off and he came over wiped his jacket on it...making a scretching sound with his zipper /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I was like wow wait a minute now your scratching the door with your zipper! He's like Buddy if you got a problem with me we can settle this now and as he took a couple steps towards me I swong and clocked him one knocking him to ground. I said the mark on the door and you better be gone when I come back out. I went in and done the #2 /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif... While finishing up I heard a couple people bust in and start running the water in the sink. One guy says what happened, the other guy says some big dude attacked me in the parking lot when I got out of my truck and he started talking smack, like if I see him again and He better hope I dont see him again... About this time I swing the stall door open real hard and step out... OH YEAH /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Dude took off out of the bathroom... Sorry man, sorry....

Funny [darn] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I know I could have handled it better, but I dont feel too bad /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    You never know about some crazy people these days, third step and he might have swong at me /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't want my kid to see me 'Duking it out' with some dude in the Wal-Mart parking lot either.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Good plan, watching a 400 lb dude sit on Daddy in the Wal-Mart parking lot would pretty much gaurantee him a gig on Oprah in a few years. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Good plan, watching a 400 lb dude sit on Daddy in the Wal-Mart parking lot would pretty much gaurantee him a gig on Oprah in a few years.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifyou did handle it well tho..i would have taken a dump on his hood and put some on the door handles of his car /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

sounds like that realy whent well. You handled it awsomly, could have quite badly...

10. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You are lucky you busted him,maybe a key job on your door would have been next.I had that happen to me while I was sitting in my van,A car pulls up and next thing I know the door swings open and bang right into the side.This fat bitch gets out and starts bitching to me about parking the wrong way.And guess what she gets out with a doughnut in her hand.I told her maybe if her ass was'nt three axe handles wide she could get out like a normal person...

11. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Wow! Sounds like everyone acted like adults for a change. At least after the vandalism happend that is. We all do stupid things sometimes. It's good to know that some of us re-think the situations and come up with a good solution to a bad decision. I praise you for the way you handled it and him for deciding that he did a stupid thing and must make up for it. Judge Judy would have given you both a big /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

12. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow! Sounds like everyone acted like adults for a change. At least after the vandalism happend that is. We all do stupid things sometimes. It's good to know that some of us re-think the situations and come up with a good solution to a bad decision. I praise you for the way you handled it and him for deciding that he did a stupid thing and must make up for it. Judge Judy would have given you both a big /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Hmmm... I guess I did handle it pretty good. I was also impressed that the guy apologized. It's hard for me to decide how to react to situations like that... Early in life I let people push me around a lot, then I did an 'about-face' in my early 20's and started swinging as a first course of action whenever someone pissed me off. Before I started having kids I went to great lengths to get my temper under control and so far so good. (In fact I find it hard to even get mad at the Boy because he's a pretty good kid and most of the things his Mom gets on him about are things I did myself when I was a kid... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) I also carry a .45 so it's important to not get caught up in the moment and do something stupid. However, any time you confront someone for any reason, you can never know who has a gun that they aren't going to use responsibly... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif No harm no foul I guess in this case.

13. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't want my kid to see me 'Duking it out' with some dude in the Wal-Mart parking lot either.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Good plan, watching a 400 lb dude sit on Daddy in the Wal-Mart parking lot would pretty much gaurantee him a gig on Oprah in a few years. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Another good point there... When I used to lose my temper I rarely gave any logical consideration to whether or not I could actually 'win' a fight against whoever I was mad at. 'Whoopin' a 400 pound guy would be no small task... even though he'd be slow, if he got a good grip on you it might be over. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I've been in enough scraps that I can hold my own pretty good, but there's *always* someone bigger/tougher!

14. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I think you handled that really well...more power to you. A 400 pound guy is a 400 pound guy but I got to think a really good shot right in the gut would slow him down pretty good.

15. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you did better than i would have. 400lbs is big, but dont move very fast. and gut shots are devistating to them normaly.
    Grant

16. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

aim for the head cause you still have a 400lb adrenaline filled fat wall coming for you now

17. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

With the girth, the head might be hard to reach.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif