Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Had an MRI yesterday...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Jan 25, 2005.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Any of you had one????Would you think it was closer to being in a ritzy coffin while people beat on the outside with aluminum baseball bats or closer to being stuck in a broken time machine with the Kmart stereo turned all the way up and the knobs broke off on a sh!tty techno beat station???A lady called a few days ago to set up the appt. and asked if I was closterphobic, I said yes, then shye asked if I could sit perfectly still for up to 15 minutes??? I said hell no!!!!She said she was just going to pretend I answered those questions correctly....:confused: :blush: It didn't help that the last time I had one I was loaded on demeral and don't remember and whats worse is that my wife had one 3 days before me and flipped out and got me all weirded out....I did fine and didn't flip out, did exactly what I needed to, to get through it but dang that sucked and I had quite afew drinks when I got home...:crazy: :grin: I have to go have another in a few weeks....:thinking: :doah:

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Whats up with all the MRI's? usually thats not a good sign.

hope all is well

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'm having my back looked at, I don't want to drink everyday anymore and the doc said he'd take a look but i'm probaby screwed, I'm gonna get a better one next time, maybe one made by Craftsman... Have a zerk fitting on every joint...:D Chronic pain sucks...:deal: :dunno:

4. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

I had one done before, wasn't bad at all to me. It did seem like it took forever though. I went to work for a offshore drilling crew and that was part of thier hiring policy.

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Well, that ain't no fun:screwy: Seriously though, what is wrong with your back to make it hurt all the time? Have you thought about some "non traditional" forms of medicine, like acupuncture? I used to have back pain from overworking it, and was taking extra strength Doans pills for a year straight. Strength training helped my back pain.

John

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Oh ok thats still bad but i was thinkin, MRI= possible cancer= real bad news

7. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

That is always the first thing I think of when someone mentions back pain. Both my father and my brother were having back problems. I finally got them to start working out a little. It really helped both of them a lot.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Yeeesss, "non-traditional" forms of pain medication...[​IMG][​IMG]

9. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

they have "open" MRI's. different kinda machine.. my friend had one due to a similiar claustrophobia.. think there was 3 of them in Jersey at the time. tell your doc you need an open MRI...

http://www.jhbmc.jhu.edu/Imaging/openmri1.html

i've had quite a few for my 6 knee surgeries, no big deal to me. i kinda like that claustrophobic feeling. maybe thats why i'm a good boat mechanic, i don't mind crawling into the tiny compartments in the boats.. i get stuck places that would make a claustrophobic go nuts.. :screwy: :saweet:

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My backs been toasted since I was about 10 or 11, being in great shape didn't help and no amount of drugs has helped either, this is the first Dr. that didn't assume I was looking for pain pills and suggested an MRI. He is also the one who put me on Ambien to let me finally get some sleep( I've never been able to sleep, ever) and since then my stress level has almost completely dissapeared:grin: ,but if there is one thing that makes me want to climb inside a whiskey bottle it's my back....:crazy: It's constant, every day all day long, accupunture is next on the list list and after that????I'd be willing to try just about anything, whiskey just aint cutting it anymore...

11. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Only 15 min? Lucky bastard, last one i had i was in the damn tube for 2 hours, i go again Feb. 28th and that ones gonna be even longer. Back problems suck.

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i would have though you would take a wee nip of the sause befor to calm your nearves, nice you get mri i think there are huge wate times in canada for one, well at least here in ontario

13. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

looks like someone else has had "a wee nip of the sause".. :whistle: :haha: :saweet:

14. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

That sucks, I'd have to be drugged for an MRI. I can't hold still for more than a few seconds and I'm closterphobic.:frown1:

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I only had 2 beers before, I had to drive but after, I got lit, I still feel like crap from drinkin to much lastnight....:crazy:

16. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

man they better fix your back befor you neen a new liver!

Man you must have a killer health plan at work or something

17. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about your pain. I understand what you are going through. I have been in an MRI multipy times. My back is destroyed. Broke it twice. Once in the Military and once just by falling. Both my knees are also destroyed. I got shot in the left knee also in the Military. I just had an MRI again last week for both knees. Just found out I have a fractured left knee. Still need 2 knee replacements, but I am to young to get them. Anyway, I understand about not sleeping and the pain you are having. Good luck and I hope the Doctor can help you with your pain. If the Doctor tells you that you need surgery, get a second opinion.