Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

had another interesting conversation w/ the inlaws...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colbystephens, Feb 23, 2007.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

a preface: claire's parents are super straight. claire's mom is constantly concerned w/ decency. for instance, i once came over to their house and was working on my truck. afterwards i took a shower and forgot my clean clothes in the kitchen where my bags were. i walked out w/ the towel wrapped around me and she said that this was something she was pretty uncomfortable with. i thought that was odd, because you'd see more of my body in swim shorts than in a towel wrapped around me from my waist to my ankles. anyway, they're super decent folks - a sex joke is pretty far off-limits, though i've been noticing them lightening up a bit...

with that said, picture this:

ok, so tonite we're sitting there and i'm using their new computer. well, i asked why they chose to have passwords for all the profiles on their computer because, for instance, it seems wierd to me that a 13 yr old boy would need a password for his profile, and i'm surprised that my mother in law even knows how to use a password. :D

so my wife chimes in and says, "yeah, it makes no sense because it's not like you have anything private on your computer - unless you've got naked pics from your new digital camera!" :eek1:

so i start doing a little of this: :haha: and claire's mom says with a smirk, "well, is that what you do with your camera?"

Claire: "no... just colby." (implying that i might have the camera nearby for a few choice moments, i.e. showers :p:)

Claire's mom: "wow! he must be rather fond of himself!"

:doah: :doah: :doah:

:haha::haha::haha:

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I only stuck around to see the look on her face, how did Claire take to my "rib" question? :haha:

3. colbystephens

she never made any comment about it. the girl she was sitting with has been teasing me about it a bit, so it's not a particularly hot topic as far as embarrasment goes. to be honest, i'm a bit proud of myself. :wink1: :D

4. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Sounds to me you definitely married up :bow: :bow: !!

Isn't is cool being married into the Brady Bunch family :D :haha: ?!!

5. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Colby wants to show his junk to him MIL........:haha: :haha: :haha:

6. colbystephens

7. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Next time drop the towel,,,maybe she'll loosen up a bit...:haha:

They sound ULTRA conservative to me...:doah:

8. colbystephens

i don't mind the ultra conservative-ness. it's better than the oposite! :)

9. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

Sounds like there's hope... and that they may not be QUITE as whitey-tighty as you think.

Hope to get the axle swap finished this weekend. I f I do lets go wheeling! Perhaps I can even get my wife to go.... Well here's hoping anyway.

10. colbystephens

hope for what? they're cool.

11. 76zimmer

Thats cool Colby, its good to like the inlaws, and vice versa. For me, they liked me more than their own daughter. :haha: :haha:

12. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

You know, now that you mention it when I brought my future wife home for the first time my mom pretty much ignored me after that - and I couldn't figure out why dad kept nodding and winking:wink1:

Nothing negative Colby - I just meant they may not be quite as straight laced as you think, but still sound like great people - the ones that keep the world upright.:waytogo:

13. colbystephens

i'm a bit concerned for the WWII generation to die off... i'm not sure what will come of our world at that point; especially when the current 40-50 yr old generation is gone. my hope for the modern man is dwindling quite rapidly...

14. 76zimmer

this country is losing its balls......

15. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

16. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

Oh, at some point some tyranical goon or crazy religous zelots will show up again and force the "Free World" to stand and fight for what they believe in and perhaps grow a pair in the process.

Or perhaps we will all have to learn French:dunno:

As one of those 40 somthing folks I do worry about young people today - not because they have sex and smoke pot and listen to loud music - hell we did that and we came out pretty good!:rolleyes:

Problem is they all want to be computer geeks or stock brokers - nobody wants to do physical labor anymore unless they have to. So 40 years from now when we have no jobs and no money because it all went to Mexico or China they will be very unhappy standing in food lines and wondering why their portable palm device no longer works :shame:

17. 76zimmer

I don't know if the politicians would let this country come together like we HAD TO for WW2.....this country was a war machine......everything was geared to win that war. What an effort...... We may never see that spirit again.

18. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Hell, even if all of the politicians decided to support this country in war, the entrenched leftists in the media would use the court system to hound them until they resigned..