Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Had post on 73-91 forum, but more eye balls and activity here in the garage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k-5 jimmy fan, Jul 30, 2004.

1. k-5 jimmy fan

k-5 jimmy fan Registered Member

On setting the TV cable the D-shaped button appeared to be sticking. I gave it & cable a shot of WD-40 and depressed the button a couple of times to made sure it was free. I depressed the D-button release and gave the cable slider a tug and it extended out easily, then pushed the cable slider back fully to the cable housing & released the D-button.

Followed Bowtie procedure for setting TV cable, it ratcheted out only very slightly at WOT.

After the TV cable reset the carb now idles "VERY" fast. All appears normal, all throttle components return to original settings, I have backed off to the max on idle adjusting screw, to no effect at all. I have checked all vacuum lines for major leaks, found nothing.

To say I am confused is to put it mildly. All was fine until after TV cable adjustment. I did spray some carburetor cleaner with air filter off around the carb & plugged vac lines checking for vacuum leaks before & after making TV cable setting, could this have contributed to problem?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: Had post on 73-91 forum, but more eye balls and activity here in the ga

The spray would of only affected idle for a short time . Perhaps try readjusting the cable again . Took me a couple tries until I got it right as well . A good way to tell if its the cables is to disconnect them all and start it up and see if it idles lower , then attach each cable until it does the high idle again /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. k-5 jimmy fan

k-5 jimmy fan Registered Member

Re: Had post on 73-91 forum, but more eye balls and activity here in the ga

[ QUOTE ]
    The spray would of only affected idle for a short time . Perhaps try readjusting the cable again . Took me a couple tries until I got it right as well . A good way to tell if its the cables is to disconnect them all and start it up and see if it idles lower , then attach each cable until it does the high idle again /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice, will try it out for it has to be something I did wrong.