Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

had some fun this weekend (possibly my longest post)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Jan 13, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

a couple of my buddies and me got the utility bed off of the parts truck in my back yard this weekend. it was hilarious! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i wish we had blank discs for some digital pics. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    day 1:
    it took a while to get all the bolts off the frame but we did that and then thought "how the hell are we gonna get this thing off". so we shake the heck out of it to make sure the bed is all unbolted, which it was. then thought for a minuite and decided on a course of action. we all got on one side and pushed it off the drivers side of the frame. it then got stuck on the frame so we hooked my dad's POLARIS 700 four wheeler to it and pulled it off the frame it stayed stuck and we got the quad stuck in the process (more power than weight and it spun all 4 tires effortlessly) so we unstuck the quad and scratched our heads. the truck is sitting on springs, that's all, no axle under it.so ew hi-lifted the frame and then tugged the bed out of the way with the quad. tso the bed is sitting on its side next to the frame. so we thought "we're gonna be cool, watch this". we chain my friend's 2003 ford f-350 power stroke ($42,000 high school graduation present) to it and we pulled the frame, cab, engine and front suspension across the yard. (we thought it was cool) that was the end of day one cuz it got dark.
    day 2:
    we get the trailer and superduty into my back yard (have to back up with a trailer and a land yacht pickup about 70yds between sheds cars and a house and through a gate, funny)we tug the bed around so its facing the right way with the suburban. so we put the cherry picker on the deck of the trailer and lift one end of the bed up and back the truck and trailer underneath it kinda tricky. and then we got one ned on the trailer and hed to figger something out. (more head scratching) soi put my hi-lift under the back end and grunt and grone and push it on there. (not easy) it's up! now what? (more head scratching) "scott, how strong is your suburban's back bumper?", "uhh okay" we i back the sub up to it and push it on there with all that massive overhang i got back there and it's done! WOO HOO!!

it was really fun, we're all a bunch of redneck kids and we think of the strangest things to do on weekends. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

LOL... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Hope the local union guy didnt see all that hard work...

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    we're all a bunch of redneck kids and we think of the strangest things to do on weekends

[/ QUOTE ]

Aint it great to be a redneck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My family is a bunch of artsy fartsy Yuppies, and i came out as a redneck. They supported gun registration, meanwhile i am at the gun club fighting it. And when i got my $800 72 stuck in my backyard, dad was afraid to drive his 2000 K2500 sub across the lawn to get me out. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif So i got my neighbor with his old k30 to haul me out. it was funny. i must be adopted /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

it was really fun, we're all a bunch of redneck kids and we think of the strangest things to do on weekends

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Redneck kids with $42,000 trucks? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It's always fun to come up with and try new ideas to do things, figuring out how to get things done with what you have.

Ever since I got a winch, my solution to everything has been to "use the winch"; from flipping vehicles over to dragging axles out from under trucks and numerous other things.

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Redneck kids with $42,000 trucks?

[/ QUOTE ] yeah his mom is hella rich and he's a redneck at heart. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif