Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Had some visitors

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by smalltruckbigcid, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

I live on the south side of the Minneapolis metro area, a quiet suburb. Last saturday nite about 2:45 in the morning the dog woke me up with her growling, thats something she never does. I had 2 young men looking at my blazer. It was a nice night so I was sleeping with the window open (second story bedroom). I pointed my colt 10mm out the window and cocked the hammer...never had to say a word, the cocking was loud and clear. They ran off so I went back to sleep. The dog got some puppy treats in the morning.
    George
    Its another nice saturday nite...think I'll sleep with the window open again :D

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Keep a 12 gauge pump by the window. There is no mistaking the sound of one of those being pumped.

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

maybe they just liked your truck:dunno:

:D

btw nice

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've only had one such experience and I just turned on the hall lights. The cocking of a hammer would have definitely been more persuasive though. :D

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

what kind of dog? turn him loose, then follow him out the door, gun in hand. fire away, and drag the bodies in the house. no second chances from me. :mad:

6. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Brilliant idea Einstein. :rolleyes:

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well played. My guess is that they will stay away and go bother someone else. Did you check for a "trail" away from the side of your Blazer?

8. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Something like that happened with my brother-in-law and sister. They lived in a duplex and heard some rummaging outside, he got the 12 ga. and used the barrel to open the sliding window curtains and saw the guy face to face, started raising to his shoulder, the guy ran right into the patio furnature wiped out and then climbed the fence in a nanosecond.

Never seen the guy again :laugh:

9. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

My dog is a Vizsla, very friendly so thats what was so different about her growling. The 2 kids are my new neighbors from across the street and down 2 houses...I think we now have an understanding between us. Speaking of new, someone tagged the blockbuster store. I wonder if 2 urban youths suddenly in the 'burbs might do that? :thinking: :whistle:
    George

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

reminds me of a scene from a movie, that ends with a smile and a messy pair of boots

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, OK. You might be able to slip that maneuver by the cops... but only if the cops' names are Helen Keller, Stevie Wonder, and Ray Charles. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nice one, George! Hope the kids tell their friends; they oughtta leave you alone from now on.

12. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Give me a focking break!!!!!!!! You'd murder two people for looking at your truck?????????

:surepal: :screwy:

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

at 2:45am? what kind of dream world do you live in? around here, if someone is looking at your ride in the driveway at 2:45, they've got one thing in mind, and its not leaving you a note telling you how nice it is.

BTW, according to Indiana law, if someone is trespassing on your property, and you shoot them, as long as they're inside the residence, there is nothing that can be done to prosecute you. had an instance where a couple guys came to my front door, one trying to get in, while the other was beating the hell out of him. i was standing behind the door talking to the police one the phone, bat in hand. when the cops showed up, they had both ran. had they got through the front door, there's no doubt i would've hit a home run that night. the county officer that showed up flat out told me, if you strike them, and they're dead or unconcious, drag em in, and nothing will happen to you, since they were trespassing.

14. Can Can

Reagrdless of what the law says(you'd bet your life on what a cop said off the record?) why not just admit that what you said sounded pretty dumb. Murder 2 people over a truck? C'mon, you talk the talk but I HIGHLY DOUBT you could walk the walk. I know I couldn't do it.......

Quit being stubborn- it just makes you look like a dumb kid, which you're not(unless you've changed)........

15. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Everything that comes from your mouth is garbage...I cannot believe people like you even exsist. :eek1:

16. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

If you "drag them in" you'll really impress the DA. Anytime someone becomes dead, there's going to be an investigation and most likely a Grand Jury called up to see if the action is prosecutable. If they know you dragged dead bodies into your house, to justify the shooting, your defence is weak.

Take a concealed carry class and learn about this stuff. Shooting people isn't such a trivial thing.

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Paul, why dont you come to my house, try to steal my truck, and see what color bodybag you end up in. as i mentioned in my post, i have worked for everything i have, and believe firmly that everyone else should do the same. try and take it from me, and you will be dealt with accordingly.

KidJethro, how's your gag reflex?

18. Can Can

Yet another immature response- I guess I should have expected it........

The fact remains that if you are willing to go to jail and get your pretty young butt pumped daily by some big lifer meathead over a simple truck, you are indeed in need of something to live for. Someday you'll look back and realize how ridiculous you sound- ask me how I know. I was young and stupid once too.

BTW, if I did decide to come by your place and stir **** up, you'd better hope your gun is close by. I don't need a weapon when I feel the need to defend myself or my property. Trust me.

I feel the same way. But I wouldn't rot away in jail to prove it. Neither would I murder 2 people to get my point across, because I'd end up looking a lot worse than a teenage car thief with 2 counts of murder against me.

19. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Heh, I've done exactly that, at various times of night.

The statements you have made here have earned you my disgust.

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Lets see, it's dark, someone is trying too steal your stuff. "I swear officer, I thought he had a gun, I was just going too try too scare him off, he turned quickly, and was reaching inside his jacket as he was coming at me. I fired in self defense only". :whistle: :deal:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.