Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Had to have it

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 30, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Look what I just bought12 inch 250watt powered sub I had to order one. It'll go great with my JBL Home Theater. [​IMG] [ QUOTE ]

SPECIFICATIONS:

General Section
    • Amplifier Power (RMS): 250 Watts
    • Low-Frequency Driver: 12" Pure-cellulose fiber cone
    • Inputs: Line-level (switchable to LFE) and speaker-level with gold-plated 5-way binding posts
    • Outputs: Speaker-level, high-pass with gold-plated 5-way binding posts
    • Low-Pass Frequency: Continuously variable from 50Hz - 150Hz
    • High-Pass Frequency: 150Hz when using speaker-level outputs
    • Frequency Response: 25Hz - low-pass crossover setting
    • Dimensions
    (H x W x D): 15-1/2" (17-1/2" with feet) x 15" x 16" 394mm (445mm with feet) x 381mm x 406mm (includes amplifier heatsink)
    • Weight: 40 lb (18.2kg.)
    • MSRP US: $479.95 each

This high-efficiency, high-output powered subwoofer delivers the thunderous, penetrating bass that re-creates the special effects of today's hottest movies in your living room.

The 12-inch pure cellulose fiber cone reproduces low frequencies with extreme accuracy and minimal distortion, just like the woofers JBL uses at rock concerts, arenas and in movie theaters around the country.

The LFE input bypasses the subwoofer's internal, user-adjustable low-pass crossover network, to avoid unnecessary reprocessing of the low-frequency effects channel of the digital soundtrack. The result will rock the room with floor-shaking effects like explosions, earthquakes or even the rumbling of the engines in an airplane.

Floor firing, ported

[/ QUOTE ]

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Good job!

Next upgrades: another sub and another center channel. They really 'fill' the room if you place them strategically.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I do plan on another one of these subs in a few months, and I also plan on upgrading the center channel speaker aswell as the 4 satalite speakers to these . But it won't be anytime soon. Still working on paying off some bills, but every couple of months or so, I gotta upgrade something in my living room. I spend so much time watching movies over the cold winter months, I want it set up for next winter. I also watch alot durring the summer when it's just too damn hot outside. I've had a heat stroke a few years ago, so I try to avoid going outside on the over 100 degree days.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Nice sub, but weren't you just complaining about not being able to afford the rest of the parts to lift your truck? Where are your priorities, man!? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font>

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Bills /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Cat

Ice Cream

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif And you wonder why you cant get your truck done /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Priortys are fine, I relise I won't be able to get everything needed for the K5 this summer, so I decided to get a few items for the house. Hell, I'm in the house more then the truck anyways. If I have too suffer with tiny tires one more summer anyways, might aswell get a few home theater items every couple of months of so.

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

Cat

Ice Cream

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif And you wonder why you cant get your truck done /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Just like family here - always taking shots..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

Cat

Ice Cream

[/ QUOTE ] I don't wonder. I know it's becouse of a unexpected hospital bill that must be paid. I can put acouple hundred aside a month for household things like this powered subwoofer. Only thing I really need for the K5 is the tires and rims. That will run me around $2,200.00 . After my hospital bill is paid, that won't be a problem. With my payments on the big bad bill, it'll be paid off in Oct. I wouldn't be able to get my tires &amp; rims till after Oct. anyways.

9. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I know it's becouse of a unexpected hospital bill

[/ QUOTE ]

An injury from when you broke the seat on the shitter? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

J/K... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I know it's becouse of a unexpected hospital bill

[/ QUOTE ]

An injury from when you broke the seat on the shitter? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

J/K... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Now that's funny /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif But no, I had a hosipital stay becouse of chest pains and a numb left arm. Was worried it might be a heart attack. I was in over night, they ran some tests, and charged me over $5,000.00 to tell me they couldn't find anything wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You're worse than a damn woman when bragging about your shopping /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

And you would have too point that out, wouldn't you ? (censored) BTW, I'm not bragging !

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> $2200 for rims and tires!? What the hell are you going to get!? I have 42s and custom recentered hummer wheels and have less than $1400 into them! You can find nearly new 38s for under $800 pretty easily and custom backspaced rims for $60 a pop... </font>

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Just noticing that you have a tendency to show that you have obivious estrogenal (is that a word?) overload at times.......

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

(5) tires at $320.00 each + shipping (Gotta have a spare), (5) rims at $135.00 + shipping, and then having them mounted. Yes, I know there are cheaper tires avalible, but I want a certin tire.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Just noticing that you have a tendency to show that you have obivious estrogenal (is that a word?) overload at times.......

[/ QUOTE ] And I've noticed you have a tendency to put others down to try to make yourself look better. Do you relize that is a classic simptom of a infeariorty complex ??

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Really now.

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Really now.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.