Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

haha i just got fired,,

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Apr 19, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i just got fired for hitting this junk table package strap bander at work last night, it quit working on me and packages were coming out nonstop and i was getting behind and the operator wouldnt stop running the machine(sorter) for me
    i grabbed a nearby broom and hit the stupid bander with itcuzi was getting pissed or whatever, well he finally stopped the sorter machine and we got the supervisor over to look at the bander and it ended up being a broken spring steel contact deal for the switch that is activated when you stick the end of the banding into the bander, these banders have problems alot, its real comon, sometimes many times a night or worse they screw up, and sometimes we have to get a different one, if one is avaialble anywhere in the plant,

anyways i jut got home from work and the staffing service for teh comany called and they said they cant have me back there over the incident

lol

oh well i was about to quit anyways cuz was only making(seeing) 5 bucks and hour after taxes and crap and then on top of that having to drive 200 miles a week to get there and back, so gas was killin me, then food and nto much else was taking all the rest, so..

if i can make 150 a week anywhere closer for now then ill be ahead by FAR

thought id share heh

im off to go find applications to fill out heh

if anything i will go see about these $15 an hour post office jobs or talk to fed ex about maybe drivng for them somehow, or go to eaton/cutler hammer out here and try, hmm

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've good luck working for temporary services. Gotten in a few doors I might not have been able to otherwise. Started as a temp where I work now and I've now been here 16 years.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

thats some real good luck there then hehe

yeah theres a few temp services around here again, for a while there werent though, and even so i am not fired from the temp service, just from the assignment, so i guess i might call them up and see if they have anything else right now or something

i dunno yet

ill think about it after i try some local real quick,

i wish i could find something vehicle related or driving related, hmm..

not a plant type job, i cant stand plant work anymore, working with moron immature podunk type individuals(well a few are like thatin every place anyways) most are fine though, usually,. it just depends on where.,

heh

if anyone knows of soem drving position thats non CDL or train for CDL, or travel/crew kind of work, etc then lemme know :D
    i have no ties to here i can go wherever at any time, farther away from here the better and closer to real work the better also, that is what i need,, :D

any ideas ? suggestions/comments ?

thanks

4. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Do you have any Benchmark staffing (temp svc) in your area? Just asking because thats who Eaton Cutler/Hammer uses out here. I know they usually do temp first then possibly hire. My moms husband works at their Denver location, has worked for them for along time. Hope you find something close.:thumb:

5. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Hope all works out for you. I just went to a temp service today. I am on the list to work a paper mill shutdown next week for 2-3 days, which is 1 1/2 hr drive up country. A bit of a drive but I am hoping for good wages as it is working in a paper mill :waytogo: And if it's like $14/hr 10 hr days... basically making a weeks worth of wages in 2 days as a min wage job would... at least will give me some dough. I am a little late to put in my resume for the papermill where my dad works. They hire summer temps and usually you need to get on the application process sometime in november. But that's what I will be doing this coming winter. @ $14-$18/hr wages... I will be making twice what a "decent" paying job would be around this area. Granted I may or may not get a chance to stay on @ the mill. They hire from their summer temp pool. But even at 6 mo a year that'd be like having a $7-9/hr job year round, and only worked 6 months to get it. Is there any mills like that in your area? If so I would try to jump on something like that.

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Maybe they need someone to help out at the truck repair place up by Wendy's and Steak-n-Shake? That would be a cool job.

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Temp agencies are not that great here....

First off,Good Luck Randy,in finding a new job more suitable for you...

I have not been looking for a job as hard as I should be--I have been concentrating on getting rid of one of my trucks,pulling the motor and other stuff to sell out of it,and cleaning up all the scrap metal in my yard--I probably have 300-500 bucks worth to cash in soon,once its all sorted and packed into the truck...

The temp agencies I looked into here seem to be crooks--they advertise a job as paying 19 bucks an hour--but if you get the job,you have to give THEM 10 bucks an hour back!!..they are currently looking for furniture delivery drivers for a large well known furniture company that recently built a brand new huge warhouse in the next town over from me...

They advertise the job as 19 an hour,but in reality you get 9 bucks an hour after paying their "fee"--this also saves the big company money,because now they dont have to give health benifits to a "temporary" worker--and they dont give more than 20 hours a week..so forget any health insurance or other perks..

I might look into the "civil service" jobs--the lesbo next door works as a mail clerk only part time a few days a week,maybe 30 hrs max if that--she's having a new house built ,so it must pay pretty good,and she has a fairly new car,and does not seem to be worried about money--and I dont think the job is all that stressfull either..

.I'd be a friggin mailman if it weren't for all the dam dogs everyone has here,ready to rip your jugular out....I hear they make decent money,and get good benifits/retirement....I had thought about delivering newspapers too,but the dogs again,and having to be out at 3 am in all types of weather isn't my idea of fun--but no boss breathing down your neck though....I just need to find the right people to work for--but its tough here,every employer seems to be too demanding,overbearing,and they expect miracles for close to minimum wage...

Good Luck with your search!--I hope I get some kind of income soon--or I'll be on skid row shortly--almost there now.... :frown1:

8. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

sometimes getting fired is like a get out of jail free card :D saves you the trouble of quitting and it gets you out of those dead end jobs and on to something bigger and better :xmas:
    good luck on finding a new job

9. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Wait, you got fired because you hit the machine with a broom?!?!? Thats so lame.

Good luck on a new job. I know I could use one in general.

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Lots of jobs here--but they all suck....

The jobs here are mostly low paying menial labor jobs,or no brainers like sitting in a shack collecting money at a self serve gas station(while praying some addict doesn't rob and kill you!--they found a 21 year old pregnant girl dead in a gas station in a small town in the western part of the state--the first murder ever recorded there--its everywhere now!).

I dont want a job thats boring,been there,done that....the other jobs are all retail robots,20 hours a week so they dont have to give any health benifits or other perks...either that or they want you to work 60+ hours a week,and do the work of 3 people the whole time...at nearly minimum wage...

I've been tempted to go back to the place I left 10 years ago,swallow my pride and go back to the drudgery of working there---at least I know how to do the work there--I hate nothing more than looking for and starting a new job in a strange place,getting to know who the backstabbers are,etc...I'd rather work for the devil I know than the one I dont--My theory is no matter where you work its going to suck one way or another..might as well get used to it... :frown1:

What a wonderful world this would be if all the fantasies they drilled into our heads as schoolkids were the truth!--our teachers told us by the year 2000,we would have lots of leisure time due to robots doing much of the manual labor instead of us,and computers would allow things to get done much quicker--BULL!--all its done is make is work harder if you ask me!--I see no robots cleaning the house or working in the yard like they predicted,other than a robotic lawnmower that costs 6 grand!

And all the lies about how everyone is free to do as they please in america,start your own bussiness,etc--yeah,if you move here from a forigen country,you get all kinds of assistance,pay no taxes for 5 years,get all kinds of government grants,loans,free college education...but if you were born here--SORRY--get in line for the low wage slave labor jobs fellow americans!-your "free to DO it"--but you better have been born rich,or you'll never get the chance too....or spend your life paying off the loans,IF you can manage to get one.... :frown1:

When is the last time you bought gas from someone that isn't from saudi arabia??--dont see many americans owning any gas stations or other stores here--every 7-11 is owned by a foriener--I guess not many americans can afford to start their own bussinesses,seeing WE have to pay ALL the taxes the others get exempted from..

I think its sad in order to just survive,most americans are forced to work somewhere at a job they hate,and grow ulcers and die young from heart attacks due to the daily stress of hating what you do and where you work..too bad we could not live the "American Dream" and do what we like for a living-(then it does not feel like "work"!)---they have made it too costly for most of us too ever have the chance--many of us cant even afford to live where we grew up due to skyrocketing real estate prices and other expenses like heating oil,property taxes,etc....

I dont know what I'm going to do--but whatever it is has to be done soon,thats all I know...I offer my prayers and best wishes to anyone out there looking for work,and hope you get some kind of job you like... :crazy:

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i dont care who ya are... that's funny right there! :lol: :lol:

12. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

Up here in WI Schnider trucking spelled something like that will train you and help you get your CDL, they are advertising non stop for drivers. They have a toll-free number 1-800-44pride.

Just a idea if intersted give them a call

Todd

13. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

heck, come to Joysey and become a boat mechanic... i can never find good help.. got a permenent sign out on the road.. 1 out of 20 kids that come along will be good.. the rest are all lazy, stupid or both..