Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Haha! Toyota bashing....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zeus33rd, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

TOYOTA - Take Off Your Oversized Tires A$shole!

LOL! Found that on PBB. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

A guy at work has an older SFA toyota pick-up...what a pile of crap! I drove it to pick up some parts because the company truck was gone.

Absolutely gutless, wandered horribly, no room inside..and from what he tells me it gets crappy mileage too.

Rene

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

hmm i have a toyota...turbocharged 22r gets at least 20mpg..and runs 11.9s.... oh and it aint too bad offroad neither

6. tRustyK5

And what does any of that have to do with a stock Toyota with a 20R?

Rene

7. Confedneck

what does an sfa truck have to do with taking off my oversized tires? ROFL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. tRustyK5

Post title is "Toyota bashing...." not Toyota bragging. Stay on topic dude /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Rene

9. Confedneck

well ok toyota bashing...nothing like trying to cut a donut with 100 hp, 4.30 gears and losing every belt off the motor, then having to be towed home by a ford, and let me tell you thats one fast ford, flatbed and all...LMAO (inside joke)

10. tRustyK5

11.9's with 100 hp.../forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Seems to me that even a realtively light Toyota would need about 550 hp (maybe more) to manage an 11.9 ET (unless you're talking the 1/8th mile?)

Seen an article on an 89 Honda Civic SI. 457 FWHP, no stickers, it ran a best ET of 11.04 and it weighs quite a bit less than a Toyota 4x4.

11. Confedneck

11.9905 @ 57.34 mph
    .7464 r/t
    2.9 60'
    thats the one pass out of 6 i beat my old cherokee..
    btw the 100hp was a little sarcasm..

12. tRustyK5

[ QUOTE ]
    11.9905 @ 57.34 mph

[/ QUOTE ]

1/8th mile I take it? I'm pretty sure my 85 Skylark is faster than that /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It'll definitely do 0-60 in under 12 seconds.

Sorry, just staying 'on topic' /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Rene

13. Confedneck

most everything is faster, but i can bring up the Revs in 4hi with the hubs locked and spin all 4 in the burnout box when its 30 degrees out...heh that was wild...so yeah, it got beat by a jeep 5 times of 6, although i launched better every pass

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    11.9905 @ 57.34 mph

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thats a frickin' joke! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Damn imports suck. I will gladly race you with our GTP and let you get a head start.

FYI: A GTP in stock form can do 13-ish second, low 100's, in the quarter mile. Yes, a production car off the line. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I looked up some info on the GTP's and they say with an exhaust upgrade, chip, and boost added to it, it will do 12's and around 110 mph in the quarter. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Maybe I should buy stuff for the wife's GTP and see what I can do against the ricers when we go grocery shopping. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif