Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Half Cab Blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AllamericanK5, May 27, 2006.

1. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

I was driving thew my neighbor hood and i saw a huge blazer running probley close to 40s 42s. I saw that he had some kind of half cab setup i drove by the next day to talk to him about it and it wasnt there any more. Im wondering if you all have seen any thing like this. It looked like it bolted right were the top would and went all the way down to the floor. It had a back window in it like the pickups. I thought it would be pretty cool to have because you could cut down on wait and still be able to lock it up. I dont know if he maybe fabed it up or if it was some kind of after market thing.

2. wicked87_k5

wicked87_k5 1/2 ton status

i picked my half cab up over 10 years ago at a swap meet. there used to be a company back in the day that made them. they used to advertise in the back of 4wd mags...i can't remember the companys name. i wish i could be of more help

DSC00067.JPG

DSC00066.JPG

DSC00094.JPG

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

id love to have one of those to go along with my pickup style soft top

4. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

yeah thats it!! Do you guys think some thing could be fabed up???

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

sigh....

The Glasstite truck cap company used to make them,among others...no mention of them on thier website anymore,they probably dropped them many years ago due to low demand..I nearly bought one for my 72 K20 in the 80's,but the 600 dollar price tag scared me away..

Everyone here who wants one should call them..maybe if enough people would buy one,they would put them in production again..or some other company should..I see enough posts here about them every week..(and every time I post about the Glasstite company ..hence the "sigh"..gets tiring posting the same thing over and over!..use the SEARCH button!!!:rolleyes: )...

I think anyone with decent fab skills can carve the back wall off a pickup cab and make one ..76 and up K5's with the factory steel roof over the cab area only need a sheet of plywood or sheet metal to enclose the cab..time to get the sabre saw out,and start fabbing!....:crazy: