Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Half Cab Mod to 73 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MrLurker, Oct 17, 2000.

1. MrLurker

MrLurker Newbie

Help! Has anyone out there done this to their 73-75? I want to go topless but hate the hassle of keeping the full top laying around and finding 2-3 others to help throw the top back on. This is a reach, but is there a kit available? Please help before I go crazy with the saw and my blazer ends up looking like @$$!
    Thanks!

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I know these were made in the past, but as far as I know they aren't any longer. I have thought of hacking the back part off and moulding in a new section just behind the doors. I'm sure an accomplished body shop could do it, maybe a semi-skilled enthusiast (me or you) could pull it off. You might try posting in the 4WD section, they get lots more repsonse.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

3. MrLurker

MrLurker Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I would really like to see a few pix or scans of half cabs. I put this in the 2WD section because it is a 2WD but you're right. Let's see if the 4X4 homeys can help.
    Lurker_San is out...

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Do a search on this topic in the 4X4 section, there is a fairly recent post that has the name and/or number of a guy to contact about this...........good luck.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

www.creproonline.com
    Tell them you heard about it on ColoradoK5.com they advertised here for a little while, but made their own site, trying to talk them back into advertising again.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yeah, Steve, those guys sent me an e-mail, figure a bunch of us on this site got hit by them. Looks like decent stuff too...........

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

9. MrLurker

MrLurker Newbie

Thanks for all your posts! I bought a straight, rust free truck tailgate and I'm going to contact that company in Minnesota. If the price is too steep, there's always the saw and a big bucket of fiberglass!! I'll post pictures after I'm finished.

Mr Lurker sends...