Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

half-dirty radiator fluid?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by amm888, Jul 30, 2002.

1. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

just finished draining/flushing my radiator and i noticed that the fluid i drained out of the radiator looked pretty clean, but the fluid i drained out of the engine block plugs looked mighty brown...shouldn't all the fluid be circulating and therefor be more or less the same color?

i've had no problems with my cooling system as far as i know (stays pretty cool all the time)...but should i start to worry?

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Nah, thats par. Just flush things out well and use something 50/50-70/30 mix of anti-freeze and DISTILLED water (it'll say right on the jug), not bottled or mineral water.

3. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

cool, thanks

4. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

sound kinda right to me !!!

if u want to clean the inside of the block and the rad, u can try to get a "flush in a can" or do what saturn say in their shop manuel : use some dish-washer liquid(machine type) not the granunal kind (the reason being that it dosen't foam up,like regular dish washing (hand type) does.

I always do that and it work fine for me (if it not to dirty,in that case i go for the "flush in the can" thing.

hope this helped u!!

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah I use dishwasher soap to flush my cooling system too. It works just as good as any commercial radiator flush on the market. I just pour in 1/2 to 1 cup with clean water in the cooling system and run drive it for a 1/2 hour. I used to use granular type when thats was the only kind they made. I use liquid now. The liquid mixes faster.