Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Half-doors for K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dysphemism, Mar 17, 2002.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Do any companies make them? I want to replace my factory doors with half-doors.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Nobody makes them yet. The thing recently discused is cutting factory doors and making half doors out of them. Steve Frisbie is in the process of making his own half doors, and possibly a kit to make half doors for K5's. He has preliminary pictures on his site. Go to the Join CK5 area, and click on his site (Missouri Offroad) and go to his pictures page. He has pictures there you can see.

3. dysphemism

ok gotcha. I've been looking all over the web for them, haven't found anything.

4. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

If you can wait a few days, I should have mine back from the body shop with yellow paint applied. I actually finished up the tops last night. I plan on running them on the Spring run in Disney this weekend.

5. dysphemism

Steve are you going to start marketing half doors or are you just making them for your rig? I'd love to see some more pics of the doors. There was a site that had your partially completed ones that I saw.

6. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Thinking about selling a kit of some type, but I need to work out some minor details

7. BADASSBLAZE

BADASSBLAZE Registered Member

A friend of mine is making my half doors for me with a set of doors that I supplied. When they are done, I'll try to upload some pics for ya.

8. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

hey steve is there going to be a window on them that you can take out.i would like to have a set like that but i need a way to keep the rain out in the winter