Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Half Doors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Gangreen, Mar 26, 2000.

1. Gangreen

Gangreen Registered Member

Has anyone made half doors from existing doors? I'm planning on picking up a couple of boneyard specials (dents be damned) and cutting them to the bodyline or lower. I'll keep existing hinges and latch. Anybody done this and have info?

'79 K10 s/b. 350, th

2. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Haven't seen this but I'd like to see some pics when you're done. I'm sure any body shop could do this.

Shawn

3. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

I have a spare set of doors from my parts truck so i think i am gonna toy aroudn for a set of "summer doors" i would like to make a set of tube doors like the ones on the cover of a recent 4by mag.. It was a bright orange k5 with a tube doors and it was sand running..

<font color=red>Zack Carlson</font color=red>
    <font color=yellow>Carlson@thestix.net</font color=yellow>

4. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

This is what I planned on doing for a long time. Similar shape as the old Broncos, but the hinges will be functional with some kind of door handle if you just want to open it normally. And you would still have a spot on the half door for speaker placement.

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio</font color=green>
    [​IMG]

5. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

hey to all of those interested i have a set of doors bone dry nothing in them i will sell or trade so you can use for your half doors?

6. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Has anyone come up with a good design for this yet? I'm not much of an artist, but I am an aircraft sheetmetal mechanic, so I'm sure I could fab up whatever it takes. So, who has those ideas?

7. Gangreen

Gangreen Registered Member

Body shop?? We don't need no stinkin' body shops. Actually, a guy did a set of Toyota halfsies on www.pirate4x4.com. Pretty good job but not as much as I want to take out. The tube doors that your talking about (on 4x4 power) were actually my first thought but I decided on half doors because crap rolling around won't be as liable to fall out. Mine are strictly for beating... get pick and pull specials and flat black 'em with herculiner on the inside.

'79 K10 s/b. 350, th