Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Half Doors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by choll3, Jan 12, 2004.

1. choll3

choll3 Registered Member

I was at the Moab Blazer Bash in Oct. Someone there had half doors that were cut from the full doors. Anybody know how to do this, pics would be nice. Post here or send to
    chuckholl@aol.com

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Matter of fact I just started making some. I have a post...
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/954850/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

Before you start you will need to gut the doors and srtip them down to about nothing. Only thing I left was the door latch mech. for obvious reasons.

I basically taped off the area I was gonna cut out, and used the grinder with a cutting disk to do most of the cutting. Used the sawzall some too. I used the metal that I cut off to make the panels to fill in the gaps. You could also just buy some new sheet metal, but im cheap. I also reinforced the door after cutting everything out with some angle iron and flat stock-these doors have no reinforcement in them at all from the factory.

Feel free to PM for more details and I have some other pics as well that I haven't DL off my digicam yet.