Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Half Time Show

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by skratch, Feb 1, 2004.

1. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Kid Rock needs his A$$ kicked!

And I'd love to be first in line to hand it to him.
    The fawktard actually had the gall to come on stage wearing an American flag cut so he could stick his fat head through it! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

NOBODY has the right to disrespect the American Flag like that!
    He's an A$$HOLE!
    In the military you would get hung or put before a firing squad for pulling a stunt like that /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    People like him actually make me wonder what the heck I was doing defending this nation, they have no respect for anything at all.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

this is why you dont watch the halftime show at the superbowl... its always stupid, or gay, or both.

j

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.....................................................

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah that really pissed me off. What was even worse is some people didn't understand why /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I took a huge offense at that. As soon as he showed up on stage my friends and I all booed him for wearing the flag. A direct violation of Flag Etiquette. (sp)
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, first i thought it was a poncho cause we were palying poker and I wasn't paying attention to that no-talent ass clown, but then somone said it was a flag and i was like "WHAT?!" A few people agreed that it was disrespectful and some people were like huh why?

7. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I don't think Kid Rock was trying to dis america, come on now guys. Maybe it wasn't a real flag to begin with /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Anyways, atleast he didn't didn't lip sync like the rest of those fags.

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I thought it was pretty funny when Janet Jackson's tit flopped out of her top when that back door boy pulled on it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. landsmasher

I guess it's a matter of what's right and what's wrong. He totally disrespected our flag. It is wrong to wear an american flag. PERIOD! The guy sucks. And as long as people put up with this kind of stuff without speaking out, it will continue to happen. Too many people are being de-sensitized to things like disrespect of our flag because some lame ass super star does it. Over the years, the last few generations have been de-sensitized to sex, violence and and crime. Everything seems to be OK now as long as you can come up with a good excuse for your actions. I'm prolly talking to deaf ears... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

10. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm prolly talking to deaf ears... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you're preaching to the choir /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    No, but you're preaching to the choir

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I'm in good company... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

OK so some people just don't get it.
    Why is it wrong? Because the fawktard broke the law! Thats why.
    It's not just proper flag etiquite, or respect for the flag, it's also the law!
    Open your eyes man that was a real flag not some poncho. He deliberately cut up an American flag and draped it over is head trying to look patriotic and instead pissed off hundreds of thousands of people that are capable of thinking for themselves rather then let the liberal media tell them what to think.

United States Code Title 36, Chapter 10; AP
    Here are a few excerpts from the law as it's written.
    [ QUOTE ]

The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why it really pisses a lot of us off.

Aside from it being law this is why the flag should be respected.
    [ QUOTE ]

Why bother with flag etiquette when you're excited about flying the Stars and Stripes? Consider this - for more than two hundred years, our country's military, firemen, police, and other service personnel have practiced these measures faithfully, treating our flag with the highest esteem. This is one way we can meet the high standard they have set.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are several other threads for talking about Janets titty's Don't bring that here! /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

13. jekbrown

i didnt see the kid rock junk (i never ever watch the crappy halftime shows!) but my question is, did he "deface" a flag, or some paper banner thing that just had stars/stripes on it. I dunno about other people, but I differentiate between the two... there are REAL flags and then there are graphic representations of the flag and its not necessary (or appropriate) to treat them the same way...

j

14. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's a shame...I'm sure Bob (Kid Rock) didn't mean any harm..
    BUT that A$$ should get FINED and Locked-up.. (for being a non-talent too)
    Maybe he'd understand..the Laws and ethics of the USA FLAG!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Yeah, if had seen it you'd know what he was wearing was a flag, no question.

I have yet to find a apic posted on the net, but if I do I'll post it here so there can be no doubt.

Honestly, if he'd apologize for being dumb enough to use a real flag and being such a no talent hack, then it would all become a non issue.

16. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

If you haven’t seen it.
    [​IMG]

There’s no doubt it’s a flag. I don’t think he meant any harm but that’s still not an excuse in my book.

17. jekbrown

oh ok, looks like a flag to me, and thats bad. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hopefully someone set him straight.

j

18. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

When Joe-c was alive...
    Kid Rock would put the Flag on him like that.. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif