Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

half to full convertable Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tecton, Mar 7, 2004.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i know i know i know, but i cant find what im looking for

ive heard you need to sure up the windshield frame, could someone draw me out a picture like in paint or something, of the affected area, and then how it should be sured up?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

check the center of gravity forum /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. megan

megan Newbie

I drilled out the spot welds around the windshield frame on the very top of the cab and left the support under the sheet metal. I then took a windshield frame from a '73-75 and drilled out the spot welds around the very top of it. Also drill out the inner support on the 73-75. Then take the two pieces off the 73-75 windshield frame and weld it to your other blaze. Or you could cut the two at the same spot and weld the 73-75 frame to your existing Blaze. I did it to my '87 and it looks great. You also have to cut your doors down and get factory caps from a 73-73 blaze and fill in where the full-cab was. I hope this helps you, I hope to have a picture of my blaze up real soon.

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I drilled out the spot welds around the windshield frame on the very top of the cab and left the support under the sheet metal. I then took a windshield frame from a '73-75 and drilled out the spot welds around the very top of it. Also drill out the inner support on the 73-75. Then take the two pieces off the 73-75 windshield frame and weld it to your other blaze. Or you could cut the two at the same spot and weld the 73-75 frame to your existing Blaze. I did it to my '87 and it looks great. You also have to cut your doors down and get factory caps from a 73-73 blaze and fill in where the full-cab was. I hope this helps you, I hope to have a picture of my blaze up real soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

And thats EXACTLY what i did!! My tub is an 87 with 73 upper firewall grafted on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif