Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Half Top

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nicks 72, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Nicks 72

Nicks 72 Registered Member

I recently bought a half cab on Ebay and was wondering if anyone knew the history on these. I hear "factory half top" thrown around but did the factory really make one? Mine is made out of metal and needs a lot of work to bring it back to life, but though it looks original when intalled it is made by I assume now defunct company called Pacesetter originally out of Minnesota. Also does anyone know if the "My Rods" guy I read about a while back still in the proccess of creating or selling his fiberglass one?

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. Nicks 72

Yes it was Ryan.It required me to drive to Redding from Concord but not a big deal.and the guy was cleaning house and threw in a blazer front pass door and back seat and both front bucket seats along with some misc. small stuff. The top needs quite a bit of work since it looks like its been sitting outside and off for 20 years or so and is rusty. I think Im going to sand blast it then either have it powder coated white if they can reproduce the fiberglass texture/look or I was also thinkin about using white spray on bed liner since it has a texture to it. I want the surface to look like the normal factory Hard top. It looks like this company made it using factory pickup truck roof skin parts and fabricated the rest. Then they sprayed some sort or gel coat on top. It looks like its made out of fiberglass and they did a really nice job making it. It also uses all the factory seals which also need to be replaced. I will post some pictures latter.

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Funny, I lost that one in the Ebay auction. Last week I bought one off of Craigslist in Concord(CA) along with a rollbar and a swing out tire carrier all for $400. Its in good shape.
    I was wondering if you got the metal divider for it. I got one with my deal but was not sure if it was original to the top or made later.

If anyone has pics of a halfcab metal divider, I'd appreciate it if you could post.

thanks

5. Nicks 72

That is funny because I just looked at Craigs List Saturday nite and saw it but it was sold! You got a good deal.Looks like its in better shape then mine.Was yours made by a company or was it home made? I didnt get a divider with mine.Was planning on making it.