Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Half way there

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by speed_deed, Jun 13, 2003.

1. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Jun 15, 2001

Well I got it half way there. I was sitting here reading the posts here earlier today and I decided to go check the K5. I got under the dash and disconnected some stuff from the steering column. I reconnected all the wiring and started her up. I tested the turn signals first and they worked that made me feel good then I tested the hazardous and they worked good then I tested the brakes and they worked good. I tested the brakes with the headlights on and they didnt work and neither did the taillights but the turn signals worked and the hazards worked. I really dont get it Can anyone help me out?

TIp for testing brake lights alone: Use a fidhing net (landing net) to press the pedal down and push the net down over the seat and walk back to check the lights.
  2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Mar 20, 2001
    Do you think that posting the same question twice will get you all the way there? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif