Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hallelujah! The wife OK'd my fuel injection!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Nov 6, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

hallelujah! The wife OK\'d my fuel injection!

OMG OMG OMG! The wife said I could get the fuel injection! And for those that know she locked down on my spending the rest of this year... this one doesn't count! She is letting me put down the money NOW so www.customefis.com (the place I'm buying from) can start building it for me! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif HELL YEA! Just had to come out here and share with everyone! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

-Dan /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Re: hallelujah! The wife OK\'d my fuel injection!

Dude, you know this is going to cost you right. I'm talking about long meaningfull conversations in the night with the TV off, cuddle after s?x, etc etc...

Just kidding, congrats and enjoy your new system. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i got denied on a pair of 39.5" TSL's /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i got two that are almost dead, 2 that are good. these other 2 were a good price. back to the bottle... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 1/2 ton status

Checks and balances...good job! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Re: hallelujah! The wife OK\'d my fuel injection!

Wow !! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Only $840 for my 350 and another $300 for your 454 !! What a woman !! Could you download her decision making processes to a disk and e-mail it to me so I can input it into my wifes main processor? The wife doesn't understand the upgrade thing. She says "It runs right?" and I give her the ole yeah, but routine !!

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well Zakk here is a way.
    Go back to the bottle but use it to get the money.
    Buy a case of beer, and then hide it, take it out bring it in that is some $$$ on the side, keep doing that every day untill you have the $$$ for the tires. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Why did you get married? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

8. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Just in case you didn't get my point:
    You pretend your buying more beer and putting the money aside.
    Recycle man, recycle the same case.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    She doesn't stop you from drinking does she?

9. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Dan, Congradulations. I would like to hear more on your dealings with this guy that is building it for you. It cerainly looks like he is capable. Ask him if he has ever done a Caddy 500 just for kicks. It looks like he is willing to try different things. Thanks,

10. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I have exchanged a few e-mails with the guy. Seems like he's on the up and up. Orriginaly that site was a help site. He was getting killed on bandwidth.
    He also burned custom chips for folks. He really didn't sell whole systems back then. He got so many requests for systems that he started pulling TBI's and TPI's from wrecks and rebuilding them. So the hard parts are used but he makes a new harness, New injectors, burns the correct chip for your application and sets you up. It's a simmular set that you would get from Howell but since he is using used parts he is MUCH cheaper then the rest. I have no problem with the used parts as long as they work and his stuff works. Saving $400 over the closest compeditor makes it all the more sweeter.

11. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well maybe not 400, holley TBI type for GM and ford is 950 so you would be saving 100, but he can do any engine, they have limited applications, so that is a plus.
    And if you know enough you can do it yourself and he can help you for a nominal amount.
    I will be working with him to make my own system, I was thinking of buying the harness from him though.

12. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Did you spend another night of begging to get the EFI? I remember my 1 Ton purchase - "Honey, I can sell all my 1/2 ton parts and pay for this purchase" meaning, I will sell them After I purchase the 1 ton. Later I remember "What! You said you would sell the other parts Prior to buying the other stuff". I am terrible at communication! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I just cant wait to drop the bomb and say I need 40" Swampers! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Well maybe not 400, holley TBI type for GM and ford is 950 so you would be saving 100,

[/ QUOTE ]
    not that i'm calling you a liar but i don't believe it. show me a site that sell a holley turn key system for that price. i've never seen a turn key systen from holley for under $1400, PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif [​IMG]

14. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Sorry, they lowered their price and they even offer it to the AMC now yippee...
    Summit - TBI Holley Projection

15. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

You are very ambitious, you want the four injectors, and the 4DI that's their top of the line for interactive and high horsepower.
    I am a modest guy with an almost stock engine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Grim-Reaper

Wrong. Your not compairing apples to apples.
    Those are open loop systems that you listed for those prices. Add in the closed loop upgrade to those systems because what he is selling is closed loop. I think the closed loop adds like $200. I think the Holly closed loop is in the $1200 range by the time all is said and done.

17. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

That's why I remembered the 950 number, 110 plus the 770 so their prices didn't change much. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    still that is not 1200, what am I missing here?
    Here is the closed loop kit for the 2 barrel:
    Closed loop kit

18. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Grim:
    Anything else I forgot?
    I was really impressed with him, and I might still work with him because I like a challenge and I like to use stock pieces, so If I break down I can always get parts anywhere, but for new parts and ease of installation, $880 is as close as you get.
    Maybe he can lower his prices now, send him those links.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

EXCELLENT CHOICE!!!!

John is a REALLY nice guy. Willing to help and make things work RIGHT. He was very patient with me when I was having my engine problems and helped out quite a bit.

Good luck and you WON'T be disapointed.

KP

20. Grim-Reaper

The GM Distributor parts may be an add on. I will say though the prices did come down a lot since the last time I looked. The 2DI was about $1200 Plus the GM Distributor parts PLUS the closed loop.
    I just don't care for Holly. Everything I have ever had the displeasure of haveing to work on that said Holly on it ended up having problems and Pissing me off to no end. Holly rebuilds Carbs and I swear I went through 6 of those before I go a good one. Stupid junk too like stuck open floats on most of them. One of them I ended up dumping about a half gallon of Gas on the top of the engine.
    Keith has had his fun also. He had a Holly system and ended up with a fried ECU because of their poor instruction. Bad instruction was a major headache on the old Projections. The instructions for setting the TPS were flat wrong and if you followed them you could not get it to idle.