Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Halloween In Potosi - How Was It - The Gory Details

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by Mudzer, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Lets hear the Gory Details as to what happened this past weekend in Potosi. I heard we had some Breakage /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, some Clutch Slippage /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif and some fun. Let me know what you think of Potosi. Wish I could have made it - Thanks to all concerned about our unfortunate news. I hope everyone had a fun time.

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Howz about some pics for now?

http://12.248.211.14/images/truck/MWK5FT02/default.htm

Clutch slippage... gee I think you must have talked to Ken Brown, eh? The clutched was slipped by the driver... it is working just fine... I was forced to keep up the RPMs to get the freakin QJet to function at all on the Wall... so the clutch was being slipped... or else I would have been climbing the wall at 3000RPM in 4LO and 1st gear! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Looking back... I wish I had tried a few of the obstacles that put Todd in between A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif The rock engraved its initials into Todd's rear passenger quarter panel!

All that fun and more in the link above! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Dan

3. KRAZIE87K5

I can say this though... seems like every time someone gave Tyler the keys to their rig, he had it all twisted up crazy, nearly tipping over, or just plain stuck within about 30 seconds! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif Guess the man just knows how to drive! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

-Dan

4. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Now then it could have been some one other tham me that said some thing, beside I do climb the wall at about 2k my self its just that my clutch is let out and I pulled the carb off a long time ago /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I can't get to your pics. Says "Connection refused"?

6. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I didnt have any problems getting to the pics.

Anyways, Potosi was a blast, even though I only made it for 1 day. Steph is wanting to get her own truck. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. KRAZIE87K5

I'm not sure comparing your doubler setup to my truck is quiet fair there Ken... but if you say so. You want me to let the clutch out huh? Maybe next time I can roll the truck down the wall for you too? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

8. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

We didn't have our trail leader (read:<font color="green">Mudzer</font color>), we had other than perfect weather- plus there was breakage AND body damage...not mentioning the shortage of <font color="red">FIRE</font color>wood.......but I believe fun was had by all!!

I had a great time and look forward to next time the MIDWEST K5 THING! can get together.

....maybe I won't break so many parts and hold the group up so long by then.

9. OFFRDK5

Got into the pics. Looks like I got some work to do.

10. Mudzer

Sounds like you had some fun. Don't count out Potosi just yet - there are many more trails just as challenging as "The Wall". Being there first hand does it more justice than pictures doesn't it? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It looks from the photos, you guys must have had some rain. That definately makes the Wall more challenging - almost Undoable! I commend you boys for trying.

Dan, if you get Fuel Injection on that rig - it may be damned near upstoppable. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Todd wasn't camera shy - just as expected. He really goes Balls Out! Kinda like those jeans he likes to wear 'round the shop. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Nick, I havent heard much about your wheeling this past weekend - Aye Skipper? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Get into any goo?

I see from the photos that Matt and Steph made it down. From talking to Todd, you have quite the rig there!

Scooter - How'd the ARB do for ya?

11. KRAZIE87K5

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Dan, if you get Fuel Injection on that rig - it may be damned near upstoppable. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's the general idea there boss! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Then comes hydro assist, then 42's on hummer wheels, then... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Dan

12. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Hey, I thought you were gonna let me haul that juck 454 off for ya? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

13. KRAZIE87K5

Oh yea... I forgot to mention you'd have to give me an EFI 383 in exchange! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Do we still have a deal?

-Dan

14. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Overall, I had a pretty good time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I was looking to get a little more "seat time" and hopefully try out the ARB. So for me the trip was a success. Things would have been better had we had someone that really knew the area, and if we'd had better weather. In general, I'd say we all had a good time, but with Todd around there was no way we could keep enough firewood at camp.

I did get a chance to try out the ARB and it worked perfectly. The only "damage", if you can call it that, I obtained was my antenna got bent back slightly (little more aerodynamic -- yeah yeah yeah thats it, thats the ticket). A years worth of erosion had really done a number on the wall. It was gnarly. I was beginning to wonder if Todd was going to have leave his truck there.

15. OFFRDK5

First time I have really had time to reply. I had to work almost as soon as I got back. We needed someone with knowledge of the area.

Fun, naw...we don't have fun, we had a kick a$$, great time.
    Todd has a problem and you need to help him with it. He is a pyro. You need to get him something to burn....something BIG to burn.

Not much goo, but enough that my rig took a big ole crap on the apt parking lot again...YEA!!

Also Neil, I need some help.
    1. How do you stop your steering wheel from attacking you in the middle of the night when you are sleeping?

2. Lift kit. Which is good and easy to install and comes with all necessary stuff to do the job? Yes, I am thinking about going up. It scares enough people on the road now, but I want mass panic when they see me coming!!!

3. How not to kill yourself with a propane heater in the rig? This may have something to do with
    question #1!! Just ask Scott about that one!!

Maybe we could have another run? Make it a "Midwest WINTER K5 Thing"? That will put our rigs to the test!!!

See ya at the next run!!

16. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I dont have an EFI 383, how about a POS 350? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. KRAZIE87K5

Only if POS stands for Powerful Overcammed Supercharged 350! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan

18. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

You like my "Balls Out Work Jeans".....I caught cha lookin'!

startblackmail
    Wait a minute, I have you on video tape grasping, groping and fondling your package....right out in the open daylight on the trail!!
    You better watch it or I'll have "Throttle" copy the footage and post it here!!
    endblackmail

19. Mudzer

Ha Ha - I dont know whether to laugh or contact the Moderator!

And about the Video - "Caught Ya Lookin!" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

20. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

The Moderator is such a cool guy!! Hey your (Mudzer) the Moderator! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

... Its nice being the Moderator - I can edit posts to my liking... <font color="green">Mudzer</font color>