Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hammertone?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I'm getting sick of the primer and I want to change my truck's color. My dad has Hammertone on his rims and the stuff seems to hold up well. My questions are do they make it in dark blue and can I get it in quarts? It's $5 a can for the rattle stuff and I have a paint gun so I would rather use that. TIA.</font color=blue>

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I do not know if they have the Blue, but it is available in Quarts.

3. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Help the cluless, what is hammertone?? Thanks

4. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

There is another brand called hammerite that has a hammer finish but not to many colors and it comes in a smooth finish that has lots of colors in rattle can or quarts and gallons i'll try to find thier web site and post it. It will also stop rust pretty cool stuff.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I'v used hammer rite paint. It good stuff . Used it under the K5 on the frame, axles,ect.It holds up real well

<font color=orange> You are just jealous, because the voices only talk to me.</font color=orange>

6. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

hammerite is tuff but VERY sensitive to apllication (not the prep like most paint jobs) we sell it at H.D., i would reccomend buying the courts, thinning them and spraying it on 2-3mil thick

7. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Hammertone is a different product than Hammerite. The only blue that hammerite comes in is too dark for me so I'll keep looking.</font color=blue>

8. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

It is a paint with a texture. The best example is what you would see on some metal toolboxes. It looks really nice.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chriswhitley.com>www.chriswhitley.com</a>